Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scottys latest vid

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Scottys latest vid

Scotty almost said something good about Mitsubishi... sort of? Don't tell the Bangladeshis that they are part of India Apparently our modern Mitsubishis cost too much, has bad piston rings, and blowin engines and trannies left and right!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Scotty almost said something good about Mitsubishi... sort of?
    If I could buy a new Montero from the 1990's, I would pick that over anything on the market today.

"Why so Many People Are Buying 90s Mitsubishi SUVs"

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/why-so-...tsubishi-suvs/

I paid under $14,000 OTD for a brand new 1988 Isuzu Trooper (2.6L, 5-speed manual, 4WD, no A/C). The dealership had put a few hundred miles on running errands, but it was sold as new. I miss boxy looking vehicles. I could live with the looks of new Bronco Sport, but the new Ford Escape is one sad looking SUV to me.

I didn't think he was actually making his own videos anymore. The last one I watched a few month ago was all about how Mazda is great. I always thought we were supposed to think that Toyota was??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Can't stand the bloke. His motor mouth is so great I'm amazed he hasn't swallowed himself.
    Oh there is one thing he says well and that's goodbye.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-18-2021),inuvik (03-18-2021),Mirageman38 (03-18-2021),MirageRally (03-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I didn't think he was actually making his own videos anymore. The last one I watched a few month ago was all about how Mazda is great. I always thought we were supposed to think that Toyota was??
    Scotty recently moved from his long-time home in Houston Texas to Tennessee (to be closer to his son & other reasons). He hasn't slowed down one bit since the move.

Mazda is making great vehicles these days. Mazda & Toyota are the only two brands I would consider buying new. The one exception would be a highly discounted Mirage ES manual. If something happened to my 2017 Mirage ES manual, I would replace it with another one. I still wouldn't pay over $10,000 for a Mirage, however. I don't care what features you add to it!

If I had to replace my 2011 Subaru Forester with a new model of something, Mazda or Toyota would probably get my money. I've never owned a Toyota or Mazda, but that may change some day. I don't see myself buying a new SUV, however. Something 2+ years old with low mileage would be my search.

I think Scotty is pretty harmless. I love people who are passionate about what they do in life. I think he's off based with some stuff, but he would say the same about me. Life is too short to let someone like him bother me. I only watch him if the topic seems interesting. I would recommend small doses of the guy!

John Cadogan (Australia) - I really like listening to him rip into how bad some vehicles are these days!
    Last edited by Mark; 03-18-2021 at 09:13 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-18-2021),MirageRally (03-18-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    So Scotty claims he is working on new Mitsubishi's and their trannies and engines are blowing up all the time? Where does he find the time? Where does he find the Mitsubishis? I think it's just hyperbolic nonsense to re-validate statements he's said years ago about Mitsubishis. I doubt being the big YouTube star he is, raking in the dough, he's worked on any Mitsubishis at all in the last 5 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    So Scotty claims he is working on new Mitsubishi's and their trannies and engines are blowing up all the time? Where does he find the time? Where does he find the Mitsubishis? I think it's just hyperbolic nonsense to re-validate statements he's said years ago about Mitsubishis. I doubt being the big YouTube star he is, raking in the dough, he's worked on any Mitsubishis at all in the last 5 years.
    The fact that he was talking about the Mitsubishi in his driveway means he was working on it. His customer's vehicles are often his discussion point. He does work on all brands of vehicles, which gives him way more experience than someone who works for a dealership.

I doubt he's ever been in a Mirage.

According to one source, Scotty made $2,059 on youtube.com yesterday & $1,716 so far today. Different sources have his net worth somewhere between 4-10 million dollars. Different sources give different amounts. Since over 4 million people have subscribed to his channel, not everybody hates him.

He's an odd duck & I have never subscribed to his channel, but I would let the guy work on my car.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The fact that he was talking about the Mitsubishi in his driveway means he was working on it. His customer's vehicles are often his discussion point. He does work on all brands of vehicles, which gives him way more experience than someone who works for a dealership.

I doubt he's ever been in a Mirage.

According to one source, Scotty made $2,059 on youtube.com yesterday & $1,716 so far today. Different sources have his net worth somewhere between 4-10 million dollars. Different sources give different amounts. Since over 4 million people have subscribed to his channel, not everybody hates him.

He's an odd duck & I have never subscribed to his channel, but I would let the guy work on my car.
    And I agree with that, but to just throw out there, on this vid, that all new Mitsubishi have terrible engines and transmissions seems ridiculous. I get it, he loves Toyotas and Mazdas (now) and everything else is crap lol. And folks eat this up by the millions! Unbelievable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    And I agree with that, but to just throw out there, on this vid, that all new Mitsubishi have terrible engines and transmissions seems ridiculous. I get it, he loves Toyotas and Mazdas (now) and everything else is crap lol. And folks eat this up by the millions! Unbelievable.
    If you don't watch Scotty, you are probably in no position to criticize him. I hear Scotty bashing Toyota a lot lately. Guys like Scotty Kilmer & John Cadogan say whatever they want, & they don't give a rat's a-- what anyone else thinks. Personally, I find that rather refreshing! Seriously, I love it! Do I care what they think of Mitsubishi? Heck no! I wouldn't stick out my neck for a company that uses Jatco transmissions either. Even though Mitsubishi is doing better with their Jatco transmissions, I would never buy one. If I am horrible saying that, so be it I guess! I am a manual guy. My opinion shouldn't matter to someone who likes an automatic!

Cadogan only has 290,000+ subscribers. He's got some catching up to do, but Australia is a smaller market than the States. I think Cadogan really likes the Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you don't watch Scotty, you are probably in no position to criticize him. I hear Scotty bashing Toyota a lot lately. Guys like Scotty Kilmer & John Cadogan say whatever they want, & they don't give a rat's a-- what anyone else thinks. Personally, I find that rather refreshing! Seriously, I love it! Do I care what they think of Mitsubishi? Heck no! I wouldn't stick out my neck for a company that uses Jatco transmissions either. Even though Mitsubishi is doing better with their Jatco transmissions, I would never buy one. If I am horrible saying that, so be it I guess! I am a manual guy. My opinion shouldn't matter to someone who likes an automatic!

Cadogan only has 290,000+ subscribers. He's got some catching up to do, but Australia is a smaller market than the States. I think Cadogan really likes the Mitsubishi L200 pickup truck.
    I watch Scotty all the time though and listen to his live podcast.