Quote Originally Posted by festiboi View Post
Another great point, and one that I've discussed with fellow car fanatics. Who judges which animals should be eaten and which should be left alone. They all have feelings after all. I know there are people who boycott Korean cars because a very small part of the population there eats dogs. But who decided that's wrong versus eating a cow, or a dolphin?

What's troubling to me about the dolphin hunts is the way they are conducted; herding them into a cove and then jabbing them in the spines. But it's also the premise as to why they are doing this to begin with; dolphin meat is unsafe to eat and despite all of the warnings and research, they are still stubbornly distributing the meat. A small portion of the dolphins are also sold off to marine parks where they are trained to do tricks, so it's all to make a profit.

Dolphins are very smart, but not smart enough to communicate to one another by long-distance that the shores of Japan are unsafe.

Lastly, Japan has been adamant about whale hunting even though it was banned 30 years ago. They keep claiming its for research, but you'd figure that after killing about 2500 whales each year, they'd know everything you need to know about a whale. Australia was recently in a case against Japan in the International Court (ironically in your city, The Hague) claiming that the scientific research is bogus
True am also against the hunt of dolphins, they are so cute! I don't mind people eating chicken or cow, they are so fugly.
Yes the japanese are crazy... but to ban their products? I don't think I can. I'm a photographer as well, this means that I will have to part from my Canon cameras, lenses, Mamiya cameras .... naaaahhhhh ...... *shakes head*