Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Yep... another one...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right on! I have a thing of seafoam here to dump into it and I'll try some of that Rotella stuff. I remember running it in my old Subaru WRX and it enjoyed it.

-Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Weird part is they recommend 0w20 up here and we get what might be the best warranty on these cars. The entire 160k km/100k mile 10 year powertrain warranty transfers to anyone. I believe overseas their warranty is something like 30 seconds 30 ft from new. Strange they give Canada such a good warranty and we seem to have the most engine problems lol.
    0W-20 recommended for a colder climate country seems somewhat logical?

We have 5-year/60,000 bumper-to-bumper (which would transfer to 2nd owner), 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty (original owner only), and 5-year/unlimited mileage roadside assistance.

I think Canada is about the same (quoting their website below) -

"At Mitsubishi Motors, we’re so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of the cars we build that we back them with some of the most comprehensive warranties available. This list is headed by a 10-year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty* and a 5-year/100,000 km fully transferable New Vehicle Limited Warranty.* We offer up to a 5-year/100,000 km accessory warranty along with 5-year/Unlimited km Roadside Assistance. So now, when you drive off in your new Mitsubishi vehicle, you'll leave with even more peace of mind, knowing you can enjoy it to the fullest for many years to come."

I believe your 5-year/100,000 km transferable New Vehicle Limited Warranty is our 5-year/60,000 miles bumper-to-bumper warranty that also transfers to 2nd owner.

I honestly believe any oil (conventional or synthetic) changed at a decent interval would get a Mirage past all warranties associated to oil.

They don't use the term transferable with your powertrain warranty, but maybe it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Yeah... I think it's the same issue. Sadly, this damn car is made in March and the cutoff was February for the free engine.
    Wait a minute, so you're saying even though your car has 123k miles you could have gotten a new engine if it was built a few months earlier? So I could get a new engine in my black 2014 if it's noisy with 285,xxxkms on it?? If that's the case I'll be taking mine in this summer when I'm on holidays this summer. Provided the world is still running....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep. The red one that I sold had 90k on it and it got a new engine.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    How many of your Mirages needed a new engine?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah but one is under 100K and one is over 100K. Where is the cutoff exactly on getting a free engine?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure? It doesn't have specific guidelines in the replacement besides if it's making noise and made before Feb 18th, 2015.

What to do, I'll take another free engine. My airbag light came on after hitting a good dip on the freeway last week while going too fast. My black car has never seen a dealer since 2014. I haven't done a carfax on it though. I wonder if I take it in to the dealer for the airbag and whatever other recalls there are outstanding and mention the engine is noisy while I'm there if I'll get one or should I slap a 120,000kms cluster in it first and hope they don't read the mileage in the etacs or whatever other modules? I know the ****birds at the nearby dealer did once on one of the work cars years ago. They were being turd burglars cause the mileage in the ecm was different than what the cluster displayed. It was off by a few hundred. Weird but I never touched anything like that on those cars. Expect maybe one time in a written off car I may have knocked a couple hundred thousand off by swapping clusters when the insurance appraiser came by

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Here's today's video! Fixing the smashed in radiator support. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How many of your Mirages needed a new engine?
    The red one had the engine replaced while I owned it. The black stick one I have had the engine replaced before I got it. This car I guess could use a new engine to be quiet but forget it the thing can tick and like it.

Fummins, the engine has to be noisy for Mitsu to approve replacement. If your high mileage car isn't clacking away then they probably won't replace it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

Fummins, the engine has to be noisy for Mitsu to approve replacement. If your high mileage car isn't clacking away then they probably won't replace it.
    I think Fummins bought the black Mirage knowing the CVT may be the ticking time bomb!