Thread: Please Read!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Please Read!

I love my new mirage but deeply regret trading in my old car. That car was my baby and I’ve been calling for months trying to get it back and they finally listed it anything helps I just need my car back I should have never got rid of it and regret it deeply. Thank you so much. I’m sorry to ask like this but I have such a deep connection with that car that it honestly is depressing without it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2021 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 41.3 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    I love my new mirage but deeply regret trading in my old car. That car was my baby and I’ve been calling for months trying to get it back and they finally listed it anything helps I just need my car back I should have never got rid of it and regret it deeply. Thank you so much. I’m sorry to ask like this but I have such a deep connection with that car that it honestly is depressing without it.
    https://gofund.me/d639ddd0
    Your go fund me said "you're barely paying your bills". How is having two cars going to make that any easier for you? You own a very envied car on here with the "sand" paint job and new front fascia. Enjoy it man! I understand your missing the extra power you have from your Ford but you now own a brand new car that will thrill you in other ways as time goes on. Less trips to the gas station, that cool Euro style tap blinker for changing lanes quick, that piece of mind warranty, more cargo volume room, new car smell, etc. I had a little buyers remorse going from a 3.0 flat 6 2004 Subaru Outback to my Mirage, but after a month I got over it real quick. You will too, give it time Padawan.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (03-25-2021),inuvik (03-26-2021),MetroMPG (03-26-2021),Mirageman38 (03-26-2021),mohammad (07-22-2021),PityOnU (03-26-2021),precisionxt (03-26-2021),twister77 (03-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LilNuggie View Post
    https://gofund.me/d639ddd0
    You're not the first person to regret selling a car nor the last. The same goes for buying a new one. Regrets are a part of life.

I would focus on paying off the new car & just enjoy it. If the old old car means that much to you, you could trade in the new car for the old one I guess.

If my mental health (depression) was based on material things, I would look at other ways of addressing that. I don't mean buy more things to address it either. You are going to create new memories in every car you own.

My grandfather kept every car, milk truck, logging truck, tractor, combine, etc... he ever owned. I don't remember him ever buying anything new. When he passed away, his 160 acre farm had an assortment of things planted all over the farm. Even my Mom's first car was still planted there. Since my uncle passed away a few years ago, my cousin has had countless loads of scrap metal hauled away.

The last time I was there, my uncle's old International pickup truck (4-speed on the floor) with rear dually wheels was still planted near the barn. I remember driving that truck into town when I was a kid. My grandpa's haybine caught a hayfield on fire, & he sent me into town to get help (fire department). Later that day he realized I didn't have my license. I was 12. Times were different back then.

In the end, you can't take it all with you!

An African group of children performed at our church a few years ago. One of things that amazed them the most when visiting America was that we build houses for our cars.

I would appreciate your new car. Scotty Kilmer's net worth is $4 - $10 million (depending on the source you look at). He's never owned a new car like you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Guys listen up.....sigh....I broke my "Night Ranger" water bong and it meant everything to me. I hate to ask but I'm starting a go fund me, link coming soon, to help pay for emergency repair. I'm only asking $1300 (Mitsubishi actually manufactured it and we all know their OEM prices) so if you could find it in your heart I'd greatly appreciate taking your money. For reals guys.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-26-2021),MetroMPG (03-26-2021),Pryme (03-28-2021),twister77 (03-26-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Guys listen up.....sigh....I broke my "Night Ranger" water bong and it meant everything to me. I hate to ask but I'm starting a go fund me, link coming soon, to help pay for emergency repair. I'm only asking $1300 (Mitsubishi actually manufactured it and we all know their OEM prices) so if you could find it in your heart I'd greatly appreciate taking your money. For reals guys.
    I would suggest going with aftermarket on that, too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Can this thread be closed? Silly. Just. Silly.
    (blank signature)

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2021),inuvik (03-26-2021),Pryme (03-28-2021),twister77 (03-26-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This is a joke, right? You bought a brand-new car, and now you're asking for donations?

Kinda akin to the Televangelist with the infinity pool lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-26-2021),Mark (03-26-2021),Pryme (03-28-2021)

Country
    Czech Republic
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I love my new Mirage and didn't even own a car for the past 6 years, out of choice. That being said, I saved up money like a big boy and ended up buying a Mirage, and guess what - I still have lotsa money leftover, just as planned. Regardless, please send all Paypal donations to: Idontregretmymirage@gmail.com. For direct checks, please DM for address.

You need a serious reality check buddy boy.
    スペーススター

Supēsusutā

15. The Following User Says Thank You to supesusuta For This Useful Post:

Mark (03-26-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    What's funny is this forum is great bunch of nice dudes, nicer than any forum I've ever been on. So if donations were asked for a real cause e.g. "My child has cancer and we've burned through our savings even after insurance." Then I have no doubt many on here would step up to the plate, no doubt at all. But this money grab? I'm starting to think this might be a scam profile?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Closing this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (03-26-2021),supesusuta (03-26-2021)