Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021+ Compatability to older models

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2021+ Compatability to older models

I figured some changes that were made to the 2021 model and if they're backwards compatible, would be helpful.

So, the taillights and rear bumper cover will swap with no issues.

(blank signature)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (03-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I figured some changes that were made to the 2021 model and if they're backwards compatible, would be helpful.

So, the taillights and rear bumper cover will swap with no issues.
    Without knowing which was which, I preferred the bumper on the left. Had to go outside to see which one I had.

If you were blindfolded & placed in a Mirage for a test drive, outside of activating the brake assist feature could you tell the difference between driving a 2020 verses a 2021 Mirage? I guess if it was 2021 sand yellow vs 2020 sunset orange, you would know that way, too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Without knowing which was which, I preferred the bumper on the left. Had to go outside to see which one I had.

If you were blindfolded & placed in a Mirage for a test drive, outside of activating the brake assist feature could you tell the difference between driving a 2020 verses a 2021 Mirage? I guess if it was 2021 sand yellow vs 2020 sunset orange, you would know that way, too?
    Probably couldn't tell. We all know how much you paid and like your car just the way it is for what you paid. There are those, like myself, who like changing the way it is, whether that be spending money or not. I paid mine off and love the new look, so instead of buying the new one, I'm swapping mine to the style. That's who this thread is for.
    (blank signature)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

inuvik (03-29-2021),MirageRally (03-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Now let's see if the front ends can be swapped. I know that's what you're going to do next!
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Now let's see if the front ends can be swapped. I know that's what you're going to do next!
    True. only part i don't have is the hood.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Probably couldn't tell. We all know how much you paid and like your car just the way it is for what you paid. There are those, like myself, who like changing the way it is, whether that be spending money or not. I paid mine off and love the new look, so instead of buying the new one, I'm swapping mine to the style. That's who this thread is for.
    My point was outside of bumpers & front grill very little has been changed on the updated Mirage. Sand yellow replaced sunset orange & the braking assist feature was added to all cars. Outside of that, there's not much else. If I liked the sunset orange over the new sand yellow, is there something wrong with me saying that?

Then again color has nothing to do with this thread. Neither is how much I paid for my Mirage. Yet those things appear in threads I guess.

Numerous 2014-15 Mirage owners have stated their preference for 2014-15 front end look over the 2017-2020 front end, & I have never taken offense to that. I prefer the original front end myself. Like I said, I picked which rear bumper I like better by your pics, and then I went outside to see which one I had. So it's really not that big of deal to me. Your new thread sparked me to do that, & I shared it.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I'm glad your Mirage is paid off, & I wish you the best with your rear bumper replacement.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My point was outside of bumpers & front grill very little has been changed on the updated Mirage. Sand yellow replaced sunset orange & the braking assist feature was added to all cars. Outside of that, there's not much else. If I liked the sunset orange over the new sand yellow, is there something wrong with me saying that?

Then again color has nothing to do with this thread. Neither is how much I paid for my Mirage. Yet those things appear in threads I guess.

Numerous 2014-15 Mirage owners have stated their preference for 2014-15 front end look over the 2017-2020 front end, & I have never taken offense to that. I prefer the original front end myself. Like I said, I picked which rear bumper I like better by your pics, and then I went outside to see which one I had. So it's really not that big of deal to me. Your new thread sparked me to do that, & I shared it.

I didn't mean to rain on your parade. I'm glad your Mirage is paid off, & I wish you the best with your rear bumper replacement.

And BSM, AHB, and interior appointments. Minor but could warrant someone upgrading to the new model.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And BSM, AHB, and interior appointments. Minor but could warrant someone upgrading to the new model.
    For someone like me, a manual transmission trumps anything else on a Mirage. Thus, I tend to look at what is standard for all trim levels. Bluetooth/backup camera (2018), cruise control/6-way adjustable driver's seat (2019), automatic climate controls (2020), & EBA (emergency brake assist in 2021). Each year something new has become standard for all trim levels. The 2017-20 SE & GT trim levels remained relatively unchanged until 2021.

So yes the new 2021 SE now has BSM, AHB, & other things like heated seats now. Meanwhile, the 2021 LE lost its heated seats & 15" alloy wheels features offered in 2020.

The trend for 2017-20 was already current features becoming standard for the ES. For those who prefer a manual & like extra features that is a win. 2021 has added a few more extra features (especially for the SE) & even removed some features for a trim level like the LE.

I'm just thankful a 5-speed manual powertrain is still offered at any trim level. When I look at the current Mirage market, my only sort is a 2017+ with a manual transmission. Thus, I am only looking at the 2017 SE manual or the 2017+ ES models.

If only the GT had the manual option in 2017, I may own one of those.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (04-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Through my windshield, any Mirage out on the road looks great. Go Mitsubishi!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (04-01-2021),FreeYourSOUL (03-30-2021),MirageRally (03-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Through my windshield, any Mirage out on the road looks great. Go Mitsubishi!
    Yes! I agree! I smile a little every time I see one

(blank signature)