Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirage Wave

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Mirage Wave

Does anyone else wave at another Mirage on the road? Or flash headlights or something?

Well, wave at the owner/driver, not the car haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

mitsumi (04-20-2021),PityOnU (04-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hell yeah, my dude!

...probably lots of regular folks who just wanted a cheap car think I'm a complete nutter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yeah let's get the jeep wave going. The standard NJ greeting is just the middle finger.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Does anyone else wave at another Mirage on the road? Or flash headlights or something?

Well, wave at the owner/driver, not the car haha.
    Most loyal waves are guys on Harleys. The nicer guys will wave to someone on a Japanese bike, too. I made it a habit to wave to fellow motorcycle guys even though I never owned a Harley.

I can't say that I wave to Mirage owners on the road, but I will strike up a conversation with owners in a parking lot or at the gas pump. Mirages are not very common in my area. If was driving through Ohio, I would definitely wave to all blue Mirages for sure!

The vehicle that received the most waves years ago was my 1988 Isuzu Trooper. The big old boxes going down the road were sort of unique maybe?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Most loyal waves are guys on Harleys. The nicer guys will wave to someone on a Japanese bike, too. I made it a habit to wave to fellow motorcycle guys even though I never owned a Harley.

I can't say that I wave to Mirage owners on the road, but I will strike up a conversation with owners in a parking lot or at the gas pump. Mirages are not very common in my area. If was driving through Ohio, I would definitely wave to all blue Mirages for sure!

The vehicle that received the most waves years ago was my 1988 Isuzu Trooper. The big old boxes going down the road were sort of unique maybe?
    Name:  20200801_230021.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  90.3 KB

I took a picture of this lady's Mirage next to mine at a gas station. She didn't even know about the CVT or what it was, but hey she was already over IIRC 130k miles doing Door Dash?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-04-2021),PityOnU (04-02-2021),ThunderG (04-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Name:  20200801_230021.jpg
Views: 919
Size:  90.3 KB

I took a picture of this lady's Mirage next to mine at a gas station. She didn't even know about the CVT or what it was, but hey she was already over IIRC 130k miles doing Door Dash?
    Not very often we get a chance to see two Mirages side by side and not on the dealer lot - much less green. Cool picture. Looks like hers is a 2015 by the antenna location.

Hey Dirk quick question - why don't you have a Garage entry for your wife's G4?

Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Not very often we get a chance to see two Mirages side by side and not on the dealer lot - much less green. Cool picture. Looks like hers is a 2015 by the antenna location.

Hey Dirk quick question - why don't you have a Garage entry for your wife's G4?

Garage empty: add car
    I thought I did?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've seen a few other mirages out on the road but never really in a position to see me if I waved. I probably would if I thought about it though. I used to have an album on my phone for mirage pictures. I've seen very few in my area. There's a pink one in my town and there's my black one. So any time I would go somewhere and a mirage would park next to mine or visa versa, I'd snap a photo. I remember one picture I took, I went to the movie theaters, and parked in the first spot. I came out afterwards and there was 5 more parked in a row next to me. Sadly I lost all the pictures from that phone. My wife thinks I'm goofy for doing that but maybe I'm not the only one to do that?

I've waved at other owners while driving a few times, and have never got a response.

Inattentive, rude Mirage owners!

But just yesterday I was standing in the driveway and saw my previous Mirage driving down the street toward me!

I gave them a BIG wave. Glare on the windshield ... not sure if I got a wave or a middle finger in return. I hope they're happy with the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop03 View Post
    I came out afterwards and there was 5 more parked in a row next to me. Sadly I lost all the pictures from that phone. My wife thinks I'm goofy for doing that but maybe I'm not the only one to do that?
    6 in a row! You would have won this thread...
    Thread: Mirages/Space Stars spotted in the wild (pics! Not your own car)

You're not the only one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)