Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage Wave

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    I haven't seen 6 other Mirages since I bought mine. As for waving, I've never been big on it. Even on motorcycles. I have a big cool scooter. A Burgman Executive. Some Harley riders are so idiotic. They will only wave at other bikes they think is a Harley. Some will wave at all motorcycles. And then there are some who start to wave at me, then notice it's actually a scooter and pull their hand back down and look away like they're embarrased they started to wave. All because of the structure of an engine (to create a step through) and a CVT. So silly.

I don't see the point of waving at other motorcycles. I don't wave at every car I see when I'm driving a car ... why would I wave at a motorcycle? If I do wave I hold my hand up high and pivot my hand at the wrist like a ... well insert your description here, just to be annoying. I guess I'm like Woody Woodpecker ... an instigator.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Just give everyone the middle finger.

I don't have a bike but have a lots of friends with Harleys. Some are like you described, make fun of scooters, trikes, those weird can am 3 wheeled snowmobile/motorcyle looking things and little cars too lol.

They also made fun of side by sides. They're in their 60's now and are slowly realizing jumping around on an 800lb quad all day is kinda like work, while us who have side by sides just sit there, point and go with zero effort involved.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-07-2021 at 05:38 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-07-2021)

I stuck my whole arm out the window to give a big goofy wave at a passing Mirage this week. Response: nada.

When I got my crappy Miata, I discovered that Miata drivers wave at each other very reliably.

I'd say about 30% of convertible owners in general will wave at one another... but only when the top's down!

Hmm... I wonder if Jeep owners when they have the top off wave at other convertible owners, or if there's a Harley vs. sportbike type of division there...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Maybe we designate an official Mirage wave. Here's what I propose: When one sees another Mirage one, hits the auto-down on the left window, clicks off their seatbelt, jump your feet up on the seat and then shove your hiney out the window. No dropping pants, keep them on.

But that can be the "official" Mirage to Mirage wave / acknowledgement, hiney out the window.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-15-2021)

twinsies

Rare sighting yesterday: another Mirage, my car's twin, headed toward me in a little village.

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2021-12-05_210506_www.kijiji.ca.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  24.4 KB

7milesout, I completely forgot your proposed Mirage Wave protocol!

But I smiled and waved at the young lady driving -- we were both going slowly -- and for the first time ever I got a response from another Mirage driver. Not a wave, but definitely a big smile of acknowledgment. Fun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

inuvik (12-15-2021),Mark (12-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Rare sighting yesterday: another Mirage, my car's twin, headed toward me in a little village.

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2021-12-05_210506_www.kijiji.ca.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  24.4 KB

But I smiled and waved at the young lady driving -- we were both going slowly -- and for the first time ever I got a response from another Mirage driver. Not a wave, but definitely a big smile of acknowledgment. Fun.
    I can't say that I go out of my way to wave at other Mirage owners, but I don't live in an area where there are a lot of them either. When I do see one, however, I do notice that we both turn our heads to check each other out. That just happened the other day. I was going straight at an intersection, & another Mirage owner coming towards me turned right. He was really cranking his head to check out my car. How do I know that? I was doing the same checking his car out!

Why no wave?

I will admit I'm a big waving goof: boaters tend to wave at one another on the water, and I'm always the first guy to start waving.

I'm bringing that to the Mirage world.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Why no wave?

I will admit I'm a big waving goof: boaters tend to wave at one another on the water, and I'm always the first guy to start waving.

I'm bringing that to the Mirage world.
    I must not be the trendsetter you are!

If the Mirage forum founder decrees Mirage waving for all, I will obey!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I forgot about my protocol too ... what kind of stupid crap did I say?

I saw a purple one at lunch time today. 2016 or older (no rear camera ... I think they started gluing on the camera in 17). It was a girlie. Heavy traffic but my lane was moving, hers stopped. I tooted and looked over at her. She wasn't expecting me, but I think she looked ... and I can tell she swooned too, most chicks have a thing for fatass guys in Mirages. I also noticed both hands on the steering wheel = CVT.