Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally driver gives fuel economy tips for driving the CVT Mirage (Video)

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    super thanks to this, i'm able to achieve 13.5km/L daytime driving (light to moderate traffic) and 31.1 km/L nightime (MID) driving in my mirage
    31.1 is incredible! Overall sounds like you're probably getting a good average.

some relaxing jazz music helps

---

kalifornia - how much more he could have gotten with the 5 speed would depend first on how aggressive he would be, particularly with shutting off the engine, and 2nd with how much neutral coasting he did.

I think the answer of which transmission you should choose depends on whether you drive primarily in the city or on the open road. The manual will beat the CVT in the city in the hands of a competent driver and wouldn't take much more effort (with the exception of cities with traffic jam nightmares). On the open road though, the CVT gearing apparently gives it the advantage.

Thread: Mirage CVT or 5-speed: which should you get for best gas mileage/fuel economy?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Maou View Post
    super thanks to this, i'm able to achieve 13.5km/L daytime driving (light to moderate traffic) and 31.1 km/L nightime (MID) driving in my mirage

light-stepping on the accelerator, adjusting to traffic (light braking, engine brake), and some relaxing jazz music helps

also loaded with higher RON gas. using regular gas and applying the tips here gave me 10.2km/L (day)and 18.7km/L(night)
    So getting at the display 7.0 lt/100 km and 14.80 km/lt (last one estimated with torque app - fuel economy module) its far away for tipical at the mirage? i am at Mexico City (2223 meters above sea level) at the infernal traffic from the city with the worst traffic in the world? using 91 octane gas.
    gas

i will check using 93 octane gas.

my mirage has barely more than 1000 km so it is quite new brand first two weeks with this little beetle.

You will not see the bet fuel economy in your situation! Heavy traffic, air conditioner always on.

On the plus side, even at 7 L/100 km, you are probably getting better economy than most of the other cars on the road around you.

It may get a little bit better as the car breaks in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You will not see the bet fuel economy in your situation! Heavy traffic, air conditioner always on.

On the plus side, even at 7 L/100 km, you are probably getting better economy than most of the other cars on the road around you.

It may get a little bit better as the car breaks in.
    I live in the city with brief 6 mile stints on our freeway. I get about 40-50mpg if I don;'t use ac. If I do use ac i get 28-40ish depending on setting (setting 1 is my fave as far as fuel economy and throttle response) I never use setting 4 at that point mpg is awful and car barely moves