Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mirage owner here reporting for posting.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Even for 2014 and 2015s?
    Rock Auto has them in stock for $96.79 USD each. This is for the complete drum hub with bearings and lug bolts installed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Rock Auto has them in stock for $96.79 USD each. This is for the complete drum hub with bearings and lug bolts installed.
    Thank you but I think it will be hard to find a shop install those for me. Doing it myself isn't an option. Do shops around you install Rock Auto parts?

Don't order the ones from rock auto. They're probably wrong. The only ones they have left in stock say they fit 2014-2019. So they're probably 2017-2019 drums.

Theoretically these should work https://www.carid.com/dynamic-fricti...365-72014.html
    If a shop refuses to install parts you supply find another shop. Who cares about parts warranty on a brake drum anyways. With the money you'd save from buying from the dealer you could buy cheap drums 3 times.
    Last edited by Fummins; 04-07-2021 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Wrong link

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-07-2021),inuvik (04-07-2021),Mirageman38 (04-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    This guy bought complete drum assemblies for a 2015 from RockAuto and they fit.

BUT he didn't mention which part number he bought?!? I'd ask him but I think he's one of those guys that registered to ask a question and then we won't hear from him until the next thing on his car breaks.

You're right...that Centric 12346026 drum description on RockAuto is confusing at best...

Name:  centric.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  55.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don't order the ones from rock auto. They're probably wrong. The only ones they have left in stock say they fit 2014-2019. So they're probably 2017-2019 drums.

Theoretically these should work https://www.amazon.com/Dynamic-Frict.../dp/B07X3N1LVL

If a shop refuses to install parts you supply find another shop. Who cares about parts warranty on a brake drum anyways. With the money you'd save from buying from the dealer you could buy cheap drums 3 times.
    I checked that link and it said they didn't match a 2014? Amazon get it wrong again?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I checked that link and it said they didn't match a 2014? Amazon get it wrong again?
    Whoops, that's totally wrong. This looks correct : DYNAMIC FRICTION 36572014

Fixed it, though I don't know if that drum would come with bearings or not?

Edit: Yes the dynamic friction 365-72014 drums do come complete with studs and wheel bearing already installed.
    Last edited by Fummins; 09-20-2021 at 09:41 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Belated welcome, Swoop03!

That's an ongoing risk! I've seen forums killed off by FB.

Some, though, hang on mostly thanks to the core members who recognize a dedicated forum is better than FB in a couple of important ways. (Though FB could drive the final nail if they wanted to -- by improving their platform for "forum-type" groups. I figure it'll happen eventually.)

How far away? There are 4 in my area. Nearest dealer is 60 miles / 100 km.
    Thanks 😊, I've been browsing and lurking here and there. I forgot how helpful a forum can be. I haven't seen any of the typical forum bs here yet either. Where someone asks a question and either get attacked or someone hijacks the thread and the original subject is lost and never answered. I've only been here a couple days though.

I've tried some of those Facebook groups and I don't like them. I don't even use social media anymore really.

The closest dealer is about 20 miles away, there's one or two 30 miles in the other direction they might have some but I don't go that way much. Since I made this post, I have spotted a handful of them on the road though. Could be like a Baader-Meinhof frequency bias thing though. Since now I thought about it, I'm noticing them more. I must have been half asleep when I first typed it up too, I've noticed more than one before, I actually used to have an album on my phone with a handful of pics of other mirages.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Swoop03 View Post
    Thanks ��, I've been browsing and lurking here and there. I forgot how helpful a forum can be. I haven't seen any of the typical forum bs here yet either. Where someone asks a question and either get attacked or someone hijacks the thread and the original subject is lost and never answered. I've only been here a couple days though.

I've tried some of those Facebook groups and I don't like them. I don't even use social media anymore really.

The closest dealer is about 20 miles away, there's one or two 30 miles in the other direction they might have some but I don't go that way much. Since I made this post, I have spotted a handful of them on the road though. Could be like a Baader-Meinhof frequency bias thing though. Since now I thought about it, I'm noticing them more. I must have been half asleep when I first typed it up too, I've noticed more than one before, I actually used to have an album on my phone with a handful of pics of other mirages.
    We (including myself) are guilty of getting off topic in some threads. It's not a Democrat vs Republican forum (politics are frown upon). If you like Scotty Kilmer, however, you may want to keep that yourself. I somewhat joke. I like Scotty, & I don't care what other think. He's harmless! Life's too short to worry about pleasing everyone!

It's a nice forum. Not to create a huge stereotype here, but I have to believe Mirage owners are somewhat practical people. We surely aren't driving expensive, fancy vehicles. Except for Darin (MetroMPG) - the Mirage is considered a luxury hatchback for former/current Geo Metro owners like him.

I noticed a few Mirages on my journey today, but I live 65 miles from the nearest Mitsubishi dealership. Outlander Sports are more common in my area. Most people I know aren't into affordable economy cars like the Mirage. Thus, I hang out here myself.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

2of9 (04-09-2021),Dirk Diggler (04-09-2021),MetroMPG (04-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is the only Forum I'm active on now. Back in the early 2000's, I was on a few. Social Media outlets have definitely withered away the Forums but the Forums is where the 'real' knowledge is. Every day on social media, you'll see people asking the same questions over and over. On the forums, where it is moderated and there are VFAQs, it's much better. I'd prefer the forums much more than social media groups for more technical things as well.

I've got a little over 81,xxx miles on my 2015. Still runs extremely well. First owner and I bought it off the lot brand new back in 2016 with only 50 miles on it. There are a handful in my town since I'm literally a 5 minute drive from the dealership.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    the Mirage is considered a luxury hatchback for former/current Geo Metro owners
    Clarification: a high-powered luxury hatchback.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)