Thread: Hub centric steel rim center bore

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Hub centric steel rim center bore

Hello friends, as mentioned in a previous thread I made I bought steel rims with a 56mm center bore.

When I went to get them mounted the center bore was way to large for the car like .5cm larger than it should have been.

What is the correct center bore for a hub centric rim on a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage de?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    The hub diameter of a 2015 Mirage is 56mm.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

The center bore is 56.1mm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello friends, as mentioned in a previous thread I made I bought steel rims with a 56mm center bore.

When I went to get them mounted the center bore was way to large for the car like .5cm larger than it should have been.

What is the correct center bore for a hub centric rim on a 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage de?
    "Lug nuts fasten a wheel's hub to threaded wheel studs on the vehicle's axle, securing the wheel in place and centering it properly on the axle."

If the lug nuts are flat or use washers (like on one of my ATVs), then a good fitting center bore becomes more critical. For most vehicles, the lug nuts center the wheel. Having a center bore that was too small would be a bigger issue, because you wouldn't be able to mount the wheel firmly in place.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I believe i currently have 3 yaris wheels and 1 mirage wheel on the car and the yaris wheels have a 54.1mm center bore. so i may have ****ed up the whole car somehow? the shop even showed me that the hub was too large and that the wheel didnt center on the hub.

How the hell could you have 54.1mm center bore wheels on your car? The wheel wouldn't sit flat against the hub face, it'd wobble so bad it'd be undrivable. Unless someone either enlarged the center hole on the wheels, then they obviously wouldn't be 54mm anymore..
    It's fine if the wheel hole is larger than the hub on the car. Like Mark mentioned, you just center the wheel by using the wheel nuts. It's not ideal but it'd work fine in this application.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It sounds like the shop showed you that the Yaris wheels would not fit over the Mirage's hub...so they didn't install them on your car?

Hopefully that's what you were trying to say because the picture that Fummins is painting doesn't sound too good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    No, What Fummins is saying is right. i originally bought used winter tires off a toyota yaris, 3 of them were on hub centric yaris rims. i believe they are oem yaris so they should be 54.1mm. 1 of them is on the oem mirage rim. I haven't experienced any wobble, i didn't install the tire so im not 100% sure it actually sits flat on the hub face, I think they just over torqued the lug nuts to make it fit. Today i went to a shop with 4 new summer tires and 4 new 56mm hub centric rims and they said the hubs on the rims were too large and insisted i swap tires onto the 3 yaris rim, 1 mirage rim combo i had on the car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    ...Today i went to a shop with 4 new summer tires and 4 new 56mm hub centric rims...
    ...they said the hubs on the rims were too large and insisted i swap tires onto the 3 yaris rim, 1 mirage rim combo i had on the car.

This thread is making my head hurt.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-15-2021),Fummins (04-14-2021),Mark (04-14-2021)

Attachment 20981??

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (04-14-2021)