Thread: Courtesy Light Tap - Space Star 2005, 1.3

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Courtesy Light Tap - Space Star 2005, 1.3

Hello all. Has anyone hooked up to the courtesy light circuit? If so what wires did you tap into please?

I am fitting led footwell lights and the drivers side door switch has a Red wire/Green stripe and also a light blue wire and it is also obviously earthed by its fixing screw.

I wired the positive of the led lights to the Red/Green stripe and the negative to an earth but I'm not getting anything.. Although when the door shuts the lights come on but its the opposite of what I obviously want! So I thought I would reverse the wires and nothing came on at all. I'm confused!

I tried the light blue wire too but nothing.

Any ideas please.

Thank you.

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    AFAIK the door switch works with negative, so You need to wire LED to a 12V+ and the negative to door switch. Or you can tap into dome light or luggage light if you want the dimming effect.

Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello. I think you are right. After yesterday's unsuccessful searching for a tap and getting no where I had the same thought last night! It's got to be a separate positive. I will try it today. Thank you, I appreciate your reply.