Thread: Do all 2019's have Keyless entry ??

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Question Do all 2019's have Keyless entry ??

Hello,

I took a look around but I can't seem to find the answer. So I just got my 2019 ES, with 39k on the clock, it arrived with a broken door lock and a replacement transponder key with no remote. So I took it to the local locksmith (i thought the door lock was a key issue but the key barrel was broken where the level connects ) anyways I asked them to make a Keyless entry remote, they spent about 45 mins trying to program it, no dice. The dealership never called me back. So I thought I would ask the real experts, do all of them have keyless entry ? I was reading that these cars are a pain to program.

Thanks ! Currently on my 6,000 mile break in road trip

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Yes, all Mirages sold in the US from 2014 to present have RKE. Some also have keyless pushbutton ignition. A dealership should be able to cut you a new key and program a remote...but it probably won't be super cheap.

Indy locksmiths are hit or miss. Yes, anything on these cars that needs to be programmed will be a pain and require a trip to the dealership.

The good news is these cars rarely ever have any problems, so these sorts of trips will be rare.

I actually lost a key to one of our cars and was going to attempt to buy one from the usual scumbags and try to program it myself. But the car was written off before that happened.

I was able to program a similar key for a 2018 Nissan Van, it took 2 different procedures. One to program the transponder so the thing would start and another to program the keyless entry functions. Maybe DodgeAries-karl might know if a key could be programmed with an autel scanner?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    With the Autel it supposedly could program keys but you need some sort of pin code that I have no idea how in the hell to get. So yeah, either a good locksmith that isn't dumb or dealer abuse for your enjoyment there.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    If you go through the expense/hassle of getting a dealer to program it, have them program a couple of extra remote fobs while you're at it. I had to have this done at a Nissan dealer. They didn't care whether I brought them 1 remote or 5. They were still going to charge me an hour of time to do it. So I took in as many fobs as the car could handle. I can't remember how many fobs you can program to a Mirage...but it's more than 2.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The locksmith I went too was actually pretty good, there was a volvo and a mini cooper that both got new keys programmed in front of me haha, they tried two different programmers. I might see if I can get the place I bought it from to cover it under the warranty, i think they said it was 284 for the key (price of the new new key + cut + programmed ), but they wouldn't tell me if it had a remote or not, they just kept repeating transponder key, im like yes I know that lol. But thanks for the quick response ! I did get a free cut and programmed transponder key though, so that's good !

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    With the Autel it supposedly could program keys but you need some sort of pin code that I have no idea how in the hell to get. So yeah, either a good locksmith that isn't dumb or dealer abuse for your enjoyment there.
    Ohhhh when my family bought an outback in 2007, it came with a little silver tag on the orginal key chain, it had a 5 or so digit code, the dealership said never loose that or you'll have to pay a fortune for a new key. I wonder if that's the code that Autel might need ?? or maybe that's just a code for the dealership to know what key to cut if your missing it.

That'd be the code to cut the key. We had to get a key cut for a vehicle once and didn't have that tag(went mia)so the dealer charged an extra $50 to cut the key via vin number lookup. If we had that tag any locksmith could have cut it by code.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

moonman94 (04-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At $200+ I think I would stick with just using the door lock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    At $200+ I think I would stick with just using the door lock.
    That's what im sticking with haha