Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's the farthest you've gone on a single tank of gas?

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Is 400 miles in 1 tank without refuel possible? If so, how? Hypermiling?
    Highway driving? Depends how fast you want to go...

Name:  graph-speed-mpg-mirage-cvt-5mt.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  62.3 KB

Thread: Speed vs. mpg/mileage/fuel economy chart - Mirage 1.2L 5-spd and CVT

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    That graph seems to be very accurate. My latest 290 mile highway run was at 65 mph with no A/C. And I averaged just a skosh over 50 mpg. Which, would be another blue line parallel to the existing blue line, but about 3 or 4 mph offset higher, due to NOT running the A/C.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Well, I filled up this morning. Last bar started flashing and I chickened out.
    Made it 726kms/451miles. I filled as much as I could go at the pump. Took 35 Liters/ 9.246 Gallons. I might have been able to get another liter in there if I waited around another 5 mins but maybe not.

Most expensive fill up yet at $49.37.

Zero regrets owning one of these cars!!

So....@35 liters for 726kms =4.82l/100km or 48.7MPG That's not entirely accurate, last time I filled up I did the same at the pump then went home and squeezed another liter or two in. So...assuming it could have taken an extra 2 liters that works out to 5.1L/100km or 46MPG. Again, not to pretty bad.

I'll just assume I could have gotten another liter or 1 1/2 in there and that's still 47mpg average for 726 kms. If I

I should also note that I've been running taller 175 snow tires for the last week or so. So if you want to get really scientifical, I got may have gotten slightly better than I think? I did note since I swapped tires the mpg meter shows consistently worse economy and it's been getting colder fast.

I'm sure I could get 800km to a tank(filled to the brim) running stock tires in warm weather only by doing nothing else special.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-22-2021)

Zero regrets here too!

A lot of people are probably doing the "Most expensive fill up yet" routine lately. I filled my folks' Camry for them the other day and cracked $70 for the first time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I have no regerts (REGERTS?) either. $24.79 was my most spensivev fillup so far.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My G4 5 speeds with aftermarket hubcaps goes far as 330 miles and takes 7.5 ish gallons of refuel. That's really good for hauling family of 4 with double stroller, plants, and Xboxes lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Zero regrets here too!

A lot of people are probably doing the "Most expensive fill up yet" routine lately. I filled my folks' Camry for them the other day and cracked $70 for the first time.
    Could have said "most expensive fill up ever" every day for the last 14 days.
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 05-24-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Zero regrets here too!

I started a thread summer of 2020 IIRC where I got amazing mileage, with snows no less. I think I got something like 65-70MPG Canadian with "normal" driving. Include me in the "no regrets" category.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The chart above makes a lot of sense. My dash said I was getting 48 mpg the other day and it actually scared me. I hit the button so it wouldn’t show my MPG any more. I was going especially slow and easy on my car that day because I had just changed my own oil and filter for the first time. I know it’s not rocket surgery to change oil but it had me paranoid that my noodle arms didn’t tighten the bolt hard enough and I’d lose all the oil going down the road.

Anyways I spent 40 USD filling up from the last blinking bar AND filling up my 2 gallon gas can for my mower. It stung a bit. Pray for me when I fill my truck today

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Bishi View Post
    My dash said I was getting 48 mpg the other day and it actually scared me. I hit the button so it wouldn’t show my MPG any more

I don't understand... why did 48 scare you? Why did.you turn off the gauge?

There's an old saying: you can't manage what you don't measure.