Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
As Dirk can attest, people here in Atlanta metro have lost their friggin minds ... AGAIN. Yesterday, ALL the gas stations in my area ran dry of fuel. For 2 reasons. 1) The problems with the oil line shut down, and 2) the same people who run to the grocery store and buy 50 gallons of milk, 75 loaves of bread, and 100 packs of toilet paper at the first new report of a few snow flurries, ran to the store and bought like 10 gas cans. Then proceeded to the gas stations and filled all their tanks. Impulse panic buying.

On my way home, friggin people were lined up in half mine lines waiting to get gas, like it was the end of the world. Lunacy.

All that to say, I'm low on gas in the Mirage. I may have 4 gallons to left. I may wind up setting one of my high miles on one tank records on this tank. I think I could make it to 360 miles easy enough, but will drive extra carefully in case I need to go further. I haven't been out yet today ... don't know if there's gas yet, or lunatics waiting in lines (for hours and hours).
If ya have another vehicle, ya may want to siphon some out of it and put in the Mirage. It will last ya longer. Crazy at how people are w/ the panic buying. We're not immune to it in this town, but it's not as bad as some places.

Also, this obviously won't work if the fuel stations are totally out- but getting gas later at night might be the way to avoid the long lines for when the fuel is back for sale.