Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What's the farthest you've gone on a single tank of gas?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    I just did my 2nd longest tank. 387 miles.

I did 403 miles once.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I don't understand... why did 48 scare you? Why did.you turn off the gauge?

There's an old saying: you can't manage what you don't measure.
    I got scared because I had recently changed my CVT fluid and filters a month before and I’m still super paranoid I didn’t get the level right and my days are numbered. Imagine my fear now as my husband is about to drive it to his job after I just replaced the spark plugs… Not fixing it freaks me out, fixing it myself freaks me out, and there’s no way I’ll take it to a dealership. I probably have a fundamental fear of having no control that I take out on my vehicles lmao
    Last edited by Princess_Bishi; 06-08-2022 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Add quote

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Princess_Bishi For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    I just set an all new world record (for me anyway) of 415 miles on a tank of fuel. It was because the previous fillup was that 10.195 gallon topped off fill. It took 134 miles before the first bar ran away.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    341.5. 400 plus miles is tough

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just reached my new milestone; 365 miles after driving 95% hwy. I believe my tires has something to do with it as it has already losing it thread to 8/32? and Costco tires employee add 4 PSI over required specs because I drove over 5 miles to them. I guess air escapes has something to do with it? unno:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When the pandemic first hit I averaged 0.037 gallons/day until my next fill-up. That's 248 days!
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The furthest I ever went on a single tank was 100 meters from the gas station before it quit.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    The furthest I ever went on a single tank was 100 meters from the gas station before it quit.
    I once ran out of gas across the street from a gas station when I was an idiot 16y/o. Gas gauge didn't work so I used a broom stick(tank was behind the seat-1970 F100). I refused to believe I was out of fuel cause my stick showed a good 4" of fuel. So I replaced the fuel pump on the side of the road...Truck sat there overnight til my dad forced me to take a jerry can across the street and put fuel in it. I never lived that one down

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I once ran out of gas across the street from a gas station when I was an idiot 16y/o. Gas gauge didn't work so I used a broom stick(tank was behind the seat-1970 F100). I refused to believe I was out of fuel cause my stick showed a good 4" of fuel. So I replaced the fuel pump on the side of the road...Truck sat there overnight til my dad forced me to take a jerry can across the street and put fuel in it. I never lived that one down
    This reminded me of a story I read this past week in the Wisconsin Outdoor News paper. I know the guy who wrote the article, & he lives only a few miles from me.

When he was 17 years old he borrowed his dad's old .30-06 bolt action rifle. He was going to do some deer drives with his buddies, & he was surprised his dad would let him borrow his gun. As he pulled the gun out of the case, he accidentally dropped it & cranked the rear stock. He was petrified & went home right away. He offered to make things right as he told his dad. To his surprise his dad didn't overreact. He didn't know what his dad did exactly to fix it, but he suspects he glued it and then wrapped black electrical tape around it.

Every year @ deer camp since that incident, his dad would pull that rifle with electrical tape wrapped around the stock out, & he would let everyone know that he had let his bonehead son borrow his gun once & he broke the stock. His dad lived to be 92 years old. In hindsight, he sort of wished his dad had given him a good beating back then & been done with it!

Sometimes living something down is worse!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-22-2022),mohammad (12-23-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Ahahaha! I did something I think was equally stupid @16. I refused to believe my 327 Chev Impala could EVER run out of gas till the day it sputtered and I thought, well, maybe $3 doesn't take you as far as $4 did the week before, so I was across the street from the only gas station with the little doghouse with the cashier inside. It was an uphill run to the pumps and halfway up the little hill it quit. No way I was pushing a 4000 lb. car up any hill, so I asked the cutie in the doghouse if the station had gas cans. In a fit of genius I thought I could do the transfer thing to my car. No gas cans. Then I asked about a tow or push service as I spied a wrecker round the back. Sure, when the owner comes back the next morning. I left my poor car and hoofed it home, about 4 miles and hoofed it back the next morn to find my car up the hill and at the pumps. The owner arrived early, decided my beast was a hazard, and hauled it up. I felt like a massive idiot, put 3 or 4 $ in the tank and drove off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    In hindsight, he sort of wished his dad had given him a good beating back then & been done with it!

Sometimes living something down is worse!
    Ditto. Again, @16 I had a brainstorm, cut hole in floor, wire Holley red fuel pump into fuel system with a 20' feed line and go "borrow" gasoline. All went fine until I sucked up 20 gallons of diesel into my tank. I had to call my Dad to come rescue me as he had a car dolly. When he found out what a bone head thing I did he threatened to drop my car at the roadside, full of diesel and let me sort it out. But he didn't. However, up until the year he died he would tell the story of my stupidity whenever the chatter turned to cars and funny problems. I never lived that one down.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-22-2022),Mark (12-22-2022)