Thread: UK: Mirage 2 1.2 Review -- Simple is as simple does (Yahoo cars)

UK: Mirage 2 1.2 Review -- Simple is as simple does (Yahoo cars)

Name:  00360052.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  94.2 KB

Another review that considers the car in the proper context.

Pros

- simple, efficient, roomy interior
    - charismatic engine character
    - fuel economy
    - low emissions = low tax
    - low effort controls
    - slick gear changes

Cons

- engine "sufficient rather than fast"
    - lifeless steering
    - not as fun to drive as some competitors

Overall

Refreshingly straightforward... Particularly at this end of the market, simple makes sense
    Read the full review: http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/news/simple...160500262.html

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CLARK (01-24-2014)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Not as fun to drive? try taking corners without letting your foot from the pedal. This lightweight car can takes corners like no heavier cars can! It's fun to overtake audi's BMW's VW's in the 90 degree corners and let them pass you after the corners.
    Put a monkey behind the wheels and every monkey can hit the gas on straightaways, but to take corners on high speed you need calculations and guts, most "fast car" drivers don't have them, they can only accelerate on straightaways. That is what makes this car fun.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4v3r1ck View Post
    Not as fun to drive? try taking corners without letting your foot from the pedal. This lightweight car can takes corners like no heavier cars can! It's fun to overtake audi's BMW's VW's in the 90 degree corners and let them pass you after the corners.
    Put a monkey behind the wheels and every monkey can hit the gas on straightaways, but to take corners on high speed you need calculations and guts, most "fast car" drivers don't have them, they can only accelerate on straightaways. That is what makes this car fun.
    It floats like a boat in corners due to the suspension being made of feathers. This car wouldn't out handle much..

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    It floats like a boat in corners due to the suspension being made of feathers. This car wouldn't out handle much..

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    Uh, this car can take corners at as high speed as my galant with a sport suspension. It's just the question if you dare or not, it's all about knowing your vehicle and know where its limit. I love how I always be able to predict that they will (10 out of 10 cars would) slow down on the corner and know that I will take over. If you say this car isn't capable of driving quickly or taking corners with high speed, trust me the problem lies not on this car. In a race, true that a car helps a lot, but it only count for 50-60%, 40-50% (which is a lot!!) is the driver that matters. A crappy driver in the best available car is not a guarantee that he will win against a good driver with an average car.

Trust me this car is a load of fun to drive! You can accomplish more than you can ever even imagine if you know how to handle your car.

Experiment with your car, Mistah, don't blame the car and start having fun with it ;-)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Uh, this car can take corners at as high speed as my galant with a sport suspension. It's just the question if you dare or not, it's all about knowing your vehicle and know where its limit. I love how I always be able to predict that they will (10 out of 10 cars would) slow down on the corner and know that I will take over. If you say this car isn't capable of driving quickly or taking corners with high speed, trust me the problem lies not on this car. In a race, true that a car helps a lot, but it only count for 50-60%, 40-50% (which is a lot!!) is the driver that matters. A crappy driver in the best available car is not a guarantee that he will win against a good driver with an average car.

Trust me this car is a load of fun to drive! You can accomplish more than you can ever even imagine if you know how to handle your car.

Experiment with your car, Mistah, don't blame the car and start having fun with it ;-)
    Uhhh I was taking 85kmh rated corners at 125+ I can assure you it was bouncing like a boat at sea. Then when the esp kicked in it nearly made me lose control l :/
    It needs alot stiffer suspension so it handles better

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Uhhh I was taking 85kmh rated corners at 125+ I can assure you it was bouncing like a boat at sea. Then when the esp kicked in it nearly made me lose control l :/
    It needs alot stiffer suspension so it handles better
    Ah it might be possible that the road in aussie is not as smooth as in the Netherlands. We do have the best highway road in the whole world (there goes tax money). Anyways the point is that you do can take corners at higher speed as recommended. The sport is indeed to find out at which speed you can optimally take the corner. In my Galant with the hard sport suspension i didn't bounce, the tyre just gave up grip and slides away from the corner, ESP? What ESP? the Galant just continue to slide even when I let go of the gas lol ... almost had accident ;-)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Ah it might be possible that the road in aussie is not as smooth as in the Netherlands. We do have the best highway road in the whole world (there goes tax money). Anyways the point is that you do can take corners at higher speed as recommended. The sport is indeed to find out at which speed you can optimally take the corner. In my Galant with the hard sport suspension i didn't bounce, the tyre just gave up grip and slides away from the corner, ESP? What ESP? the Galant just continue to slide even when I let go of the gas lol ... almost had accident ;-)
    Meant the ESP in the mirage, i was flying through the corners, then the right front hit the centre line and esp kicked in and nearly killed me. Yanked the car back to the right when I was already in the middle, had to slam the brakes and counter to the left

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Meant the ESP in the mirage, i was flying through the corners, then the right front hit the centre line and esp kicked in and nearly killed me. Yanked the car back to the right when I was already in the middle, had to slam the brakes and counter to the left
    I never had ESP kicked in .... hummm .... maybe it doesn't work well in my car. Wondering if the ESP still works when you change the suspension ... it does helps a lot at taking corners a stiffer suspension is.