Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angry Hog :: 2021 Honda Rebel 500-ABS (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Angry Hog
    Honda
    Rebel 500-ABS
    Midnight Black
    6-speed

Have dreamed of getting my motorcycle license since l was in HS and now l can pursue it

Need for speed

Details

stock

•  

stock

•  

Me

•  

471cc Twin Parallel two Stroke

•  

stock

•  

stock

•  
    Comments: 20 / Views: 14220
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looking forward to some pics!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Thanks man l first got to get my temporary and then l'll go look at bikes as l need a small enough one to sit in but powerful enough to take on the freeway. Fun times ahead!
    If I was starting out riding and wanted a sport bike you certainly can't go wrong with either the Kawasaki Ninja 400 or the Yamaha YZF-R3. Both are capable of triple digit speeds. They are both very reliable, light, handle excellent and fuel efficient. Hmmm, sounds like a favorite car of mine (except for the handling part)!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the Mirage of motorcycles. TaoTao powermax 150. Can't beat the price at around $1,000 shipped to your door. It's good to have some mechanical skills with it but all the parts are available cheap. Take off the "VIP future champion" stickers to save your manhood.

https://www.superiorpowersports.com/...tt150sc-px.htm

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Consider taking a Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic Rider Course in your area. You don't need to own a motorcycle to take this course. They will provide you with everything. Learn the safe way to ride before you teach yourself all the bad habits. I wish I had taken this before I bought my first motorcycle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (04-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    GROM! GROM! GROM! GROM!

Any updates? That engine swap from a CBR500R is gonna be wild.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-13-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I suggest doing a track day at your local road course. I did one the week after I got my license to learn how to handle my bike in any situation. I never went back to the street after that and have six bikes now.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Been thinking about getting a basic motorcycle myself these days. It's a bit of an expensive hobby to get into, though, especially for me as an outsider who doesn't really know anyone who rides. Very tall barrier to entry.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Been thinking about getting a basic motorcycle myself these days. It's a bit of an expensive hobby to get into, though, especially for me as an outsider who doesn't really know anyone who rides. Very tall barrier to entry.
    Best advice is find a bike that "fits" you. One that you can reach and flat foot at a stoplight and be able to pickup bc for the course/exam, you have to put the bike down and pick it up.
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    MR - is the 471 a 2 cylinder? V-Twin, Parallel Twin? Sounds fun. I think my motorcycle days may be limited. I have 2 right now, but don't really want either. I find that if I can't use the motorcycle for anything other than just to ride around on, I don't want it.

And I like the little bikes like Groms too. I have a 2016 Honda Rebel 250. It's actually a cool bike. But it's one that all I can do is ride it. Maybe carry some stuff in a backpack, but then my back gets sweaty and I can't carry enough stuff for it to be worth the sweaty back. I also have a Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive. It is sort of like a pickup truck of a motorcycle. But it only gets about 46 mpg. The problem with it is, why would I risk my life on that thing, when I can use the Mirage and carry a lot more stuff and get 44 mpg (avg)? The Mirage has scavenged my usefulness of the Burgman. That says a lot for the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-14-2021)