Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ford Escape?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I just learned that the '21 Bronco comes in 3 cylinder engine, a 1.5 L turbo. Has around 185 hp. Motorweek's saying a 0-60 mph time of 8.5 seconds, and a quarter mile time of 16 seconds.

I think that is a very small engine for a fairly big vehicle. Add the stop-go tech, and an automatic tranny, that engine is working its butt off all the time.
    You are mixing up the smaller Bronco Sport with the Bronco.

The Bronco comes with a 2.3 L (4-cylinder) or 2.7 L (V6).

The Bronco Sport has a 1.5 L or 2.0 L 4-cylinder option.

Unless Canada is different than here?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    What is the Lane Trace mentioned about the Corolla. I'm not familiar.

And what are the Magic Seats from the Fit? Do the Magic Seats pull a rabbit out of the driver's butt?
    It allows the car to steer itself when you have radar cruise set. It will go right around a Bend in the road and you can feel the wheel moving by itself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just learned that the '21 Bronco comes in 3 cylinder engine, a 1.5 L turbo. Has around 185 hp. Motorweek's saying a 0-60 mph time of 8.5 seconds, and a quarter mile time of 16 seconds.

I think that is a very small engine for a fairly big vehicle. Add the stop-go tech, and an automatic tranny, that engine is working its butt off all the time.
    What a dog, the rav4 prime has 304hp and does 0-60 in 5.6sec. I couldn't believe those stats but it's true.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What a dog, the rav4 prime has 304hp and does 0-60 in 5.6sec. I couldn't believe those stats but it's true.
    How can the stats be true if the Bronco doesn't have a 1.5L engine?

How is comparing Toyota RAV4 Prime with a 2.5 L engine & electric motors (with a 42 mile battery range) fair to a Bronco Sport even? This is not an apples to apples comparison!

Bronco & Bronco Sport are not the same vehicle.

The base price of the Bronco Sport compared to the Toyota RAV4 Prime isn't even the same ballpark?

The RAV4 with the 3.5L V6 engine was a sweet rig! I regret not buying my parent's before they traded it in for GMC Terrain. It's the only non-GM vehicle my 80 year old dad had ever owned, & the only one I would have considered buying. I just didn't need a vehicle at the time.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-10-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    It allows the car to steer itself when you have radar cruise set. It will go right around a Bend in the road and you can feel the wheel moving by itself.
    So Lane Trace is the same as LKA (Lane Keep Assist).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    So Lane Trace is the same as LKA (Lane Keep Assist).
    https://www.toyota.com/corolla/corolla-features/

Scroll to safety sense 2.0

The lane trace actually steers the car inside the lanes when using the cruise control.

The lane keep type feature is what I turned off which nudges your wheel back if you dont use a blinker to cross lanes, which in certain situations is just unnecessary. If my car is completely alone I usually don't use a blinker to switch lanes lol

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You are mixing up the smaller Bronco Sport with the Bronco.

The Bronco comes with a 2.3 L (4-cylinder) or 2.7 L (V6).

The Bronco Sport has a 1.5 L or 2.0 L 4-cylinder option.

Unless Canada is different than here?
    Not too sure. I have only seen a few new Broncos on the road so far, and they all looked the same. Smaller than the Escape.

All car brands need to learn what clarity is when it comes to labelling products. Adding the word "sport" does not mean a whole other car. Cars have the car language, and these guys are speaking gibberish. Probably intentional somehow in marketing boardrooms, "let's confuse the costumer and sell more cars"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Not too sure. I have only seen a few new Broncos on the road so far, and they all looked the same. Smaller than the Escape.

All car brands need to learn what clarity is when it comes to labelling products. Adding the word "sport" does not mean a whole other car. Cars have the car language, and they're speaking gibberish. Probably intentional somehow in marketing boardrooms, "let's confuse the costumer and sell more cars"
    They really are two separate vehicles. Here is a article that notes the differences.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford...el-difference/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

All car brands need to learn what clarity is when it comes to labelling products. Adding the word "sport" does not mean a whole other car. Cars have the car language, and these guys are speaking gibberish. Probably intentional somehow in marketing boardrooms, "let's confuse the costumer and sell more cars"
    Adding the word "Sport" is a totally different vehicle in this case. There's no room for confusion here on this one!

Ford has been talking about a Bronco & Bronco Sport for a very long time. They ARE DIFFERENT VEHICLES TOTALLY!

I would compare today's Bronco Sport to the old Bronco II vehicles of the 1980's.

Anyone interested in a new Bronco verses the new Bronco Sport will surely know the difference.

The new Bronco will go up against the Jeep Wrangler. The Bronco Sport is more of an Outlander type vehicle.

Bronco Sports have been released for quite some time, & I see them around. I can't say I've seen anyone driving the new Bronco yet.

If I am going to compare vehicles, I would know which one I am talking about. Ford is going for two different markets here. Personally, I think the Bronco Sport is more like a squared off Escape. As far as looks go, I prefer the look the Bronco Sport over the new Escape. If towing capacity is your thing, however, the Escape does better than the Bronco Sport.

When you talk about the new Fords, you have to say Ecosport, Escape, Bronco Sport, Bronco, etc... because they are all different vehicles in their line up!

The new Bronco can be had with a manual transmission I believe, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 05-10-2021 at 07:11 PM.

This isn't new... In the late 80's, early 90's Bronco=Big, think OJ bronco. Bronco II=little like a ranger. Chev/gmc did the something odd with the Jimmy and Blazer offering both full size and s10-s15 models at the same time. What about the Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport. What about when Ford put the Taurus badge on the Freestyle for a while...then put a 500 emblem on a Taurus. Hummers... Some things are just dumb, others are easy to follow if you are the slightest bit observant.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)