Nah it's just raw supply and demand

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (07-02-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    60% higher than normal? It appears that way and i wouldn't buy a 17 SE manual at this point in time.

But part of me wonders if this has anything to do with hyper inflation and the recent money printing that has been going on.

I'm thinking i might be better off trading in my 2015 DE manual for a 2021 ES manual right now. Buying a new Mirage is actually cheaper than buying a used one?! Ha okay if you say so.

It'll be interesting to see how long this lasts, i really regret not pulling the trigger on a $7k-$8k 17 SE manual when i had the opportunity.
    It would be hard pulling the trigger on a 2021 ES manual now after knowing I could have got one for $10,995 - $1,000 loyalty rebate = $9,995 (under $11,000 OTD @ White Bear).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (07-02-2021)

That's how I feel about these 17 SE's (coulda, woulda, shoulda), guess I'm playing the waiting game...

https://youtu.be/9JVNMmsN3Co

It's been a while since the last manual 17 SE but here's one now. I miss the old days ��

Price: $12,643
    Mileage: 72,290
    Color: Blue
    VIN: ML32A4HJ9HH006003

https://www.classickia.com/auto/used...t-tx/60473420/

Can you guys in the US just buy one from up here? They're cheaper around here it seems. I'd avoid the East like the plague regardless of how much oil has been splattered on it. I'd say look in the Vancouver area for rust free stuff but I looked at a 17' Mirage that the carfax showed being registered in the Surrey area 99% of it's life but the underside was beat to hell, seemed to be all gravel miles.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

It's been a while since the last manual 17 SE but here's one now. I miss the old days ��

Price: $12,643
    Mileage: 72,290
    Color: Blue
    VIN: ML32A4HJ9HH006003

https://www.classickia.com/auto/used...t-tx/60473420/
    I just found a 2022 Mirage SE for a few hundred more than that car(after exhange) https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...0485?undefined

Canada Mirages don't have fast keys, as far as I know so unless that's a must have it might be an idea? I don't know what the import rules are between here and there. And there's a chance you'd have to bring it back across the border to get warranty work?

The only reason I don't list mine for sale is I don't want to drive my truck as a daily and don't want a car loan.
    Last edited by Fummins; 11-05-2021 at 12:41 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I'm honestly not knowledgeable on importing cars except that back in the day i always wanted to import 90s Japanese cars. I have seen cars with Canadian and Mexican license plates around here but those may have just been visiting.

To me the reason why a stick 17 SE is special is because in the US in 2017 the Mirage got the revised engine with roller cams, larger brakes, tuned suspension and probably few other enhancements i can't remember. The SE manual had the FAST key push button start, backup cam, and touch LCD. At the time it was a fully loaded Mirage with a manual transmission. The GT trim was technically the highest trim but it only came with the CVT, which is silly in my opinion.

Older 14-15 models had push button start but they also didn't come with some of the other things i mentioned that the manual 17 SE came with.

Prices of Mirages have gone up tremendously. New and used markets are being priced high. Finding a deal seems harder than ever. We're not going back to the old days and old prices that's for sure. With rising gas prices amongst other things, I'm happy to drive my paid off Mirage too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I'm honestly not knowledgeable on importing cars except that back in the day i always wanted to import 90s Japanese cars. I have seen cars with Canadian and Mexican license plates around here but those may have just been visiting.

To me the reason why a stick 17 SE is special is because in the US in 2017 the Mirage got the revised engine with roller cams, larger brakes, tuned suspension and probably few other enhancements i can't remember. The SE manual had the FAST key push button start, backup cam, and touch LCD. At the time it was a fully loaded Mirage with a manual transmission. The GT trim was technically the highest trim but it only came with the CVT, which is silly in my opinion.

Older 14-15 models had push button start but they also didn't come with some of the other things i mentioned that the manual 17 SE came with.

Prices of Mirages have gone up tremendously. New and used markets are being priced high. Finding a deal seems harder than ever. We're not going back to the old days and old prices that's for sure. With rising gas prices amongst other things, I'm happy to drive my paid off Mirage too.
    I've sort of thought this for quite some time. Instead of offering 4 trim levels that aren't really all that different ($2,000 price difference between the top & bottom trim level with a CVT since 2017), I wish they offered two trim levels with the transmission option. A base & top trim level manual and a base & top trim level CVT.

The 2017 SE manual was unique in some ways. White Bear had them for $9,800 brand new in 2017 before another possible $1,500 off in other possible rebates. That was a heck of a deal back then. Pryme had two of them from White Bear, but he traded them both off already. I actually watched his youtube reviews on them before buying my ES from White Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've sort of thought this for quite some time. Instead of offering 4 trim levels that aren't really all that different ($2,000 price difference between the top & bottom trim level with a CVT since 2017), I wish they offered two trim levels with the transmission option. A base & top trim level manual and a base & top trim level CVT.

The 2017 SE manual was unique in some ways. White Bear had them for $9,800 brand new in 2017 before another possible $1,500 off in other possible rebates. That was a heck of a deal back then. Pryme had two of them from White Bear, but he traded them both off already. I actually watched his youtube reviews on them before buying my ES from White Bear.
    I'm a little jealous of the great deals you and a few others got from White Bear back then. $10k out the door for a new 2021 ES manual will never happen again! I like the idea of simplified trim levels for the manual and the CVT.

I remember watching Mr M's videos hoping one day I'd own one. He paid like $10k out the door as well for his 17 SEs.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 11-05-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've read into importing a tiny bit because of things like the Suzuki Jimny, and based on my very limited experience and understanding, unless it's more than 20 years old, you're SOL. If it's newer than that, you need to prove that it complies with all federal regulations. There exists a short list of global cars that just happen to be USA road legal no matter where they are sold, but the list is, as stated, short.

If it's not on the list, it doesn't get past the border. Period. Not even allowed in for off-public-road use.

I remember seeing something about Australia having some weird car import laws where, if you're importing a vehicle from another region that isn't road legal in Australia, it has to literally be cut in half before it can even come into the country. Pretty metal.