Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Web Finds: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE 5SMT USA

Web Finds: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE 5SMT USA

Hi everybody,

I'm always keeping an eye out for the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SE with a 5 speed manual transmission. If I'm not mistaken, this specific year and trim is the most well-equipped factory Mirage with a manual transmission in the US.

I'd like to keep track of the ones that occasionally go up for sale to monitor price, location, mileage, condition, etc. I'll keep adding what i find, feel free to add any you may find. Let's find these Mirages new owners!

Thanks,
    David

Okay here's one that i think is way overpriced, at this price you can buy a new 2021 model instead, maybe. Not sure what this dealer is thinking? From the Carfax it appears to have had a good service history and 2 owners. Also, this dealer was the original selling dealership if that matters.

Price: $11,700
    Trim: SE
    Mileage: 53,532
    Color: Gray
    Engine: : 1.2L MIVEC DOHC 3-Cylinder
    Transmission: Transmission-Manual
    Stock Number: M7336
    VIN: ML32A4HJ7HH007702

https://bakersfieldmitsubishi.com/Us...v0OwuMHDczGl5w
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 05-04-2021 at 08:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    Okay here's one that i think is way overpriced, at this price you can buy a new 2021 model instead, maybe. Not sure what this dealer is thinking? From the Carfax it appears to have had a good service history and 2 owners. Also, this dealer was the original selling dealership if that matters.

Price: $12,400
    Trim: SE
    Mileage: 53,532
    Color: Gray
    Stock Number: M7336
    VIN: ML32A4HJ7HH007702

https://bakersfieldmitsubishi.com/Us...v0OwuMHDczGl5w

Keep in mind a 2017 ES manual has had

2018 Backup camera/Bluetooth added
    2019 Cruise control/6-way adjustable driver's seat added
    2020 Automatic climate controls added
    2021 Emergency Assist braking added (feature not on a 2017 SE)

The difference between a 2017 SE manual and 2021 ES manual would be items like 14" alloy wheels & push button start. It really comes down to what feature above can't you live without?

All Mirages comes with power locks & remote entry. This is just my opinion, but I think push button start is a worthless feature. Plus, you can make an extra chipped key for under $15 total (purchase a blank key, have it cut at a local hardware store, & just use your two factory keys to program it yourself). Remote entry with power locks is a nice feature. All Mirages have that. Whether the key is in the ignition or my pocket isn't that big of a deal to me. I may not be the norm on that. If that's really important to someone, the 2017 SE or 2014-15 ES is your only manual option for that. With a 2014-15 ES manual you may give up something else like backup camera, however. A chipped keyed car is harder to steal, but who goes around stealing Mirages?

As far as alloy wheels goes, you can easily change those for $400 or less if you went the used route.

I bought a Mirage in 2017, and I spent some time comparing the ES & SE manuals. A brand new 2017 Mirage SE manual would have cost me approximately $9,800 @ White Bear Mitsubishi (well under $11,000 OTD).

For a brief time this past spring, White Bear was offering the 2021 ES manual for $10,999. Using the $1,000 loyalty rebate that I would qualified for now, I could have bought a brand new 2021 ES manual for under $11,000 OTD. Even you don't qualify for any of the (loyalty, military, VIP) rebates, we are still under $12,000 OTD (unless your state tax is drastically different than Minnesota/Wisconsin) for a brand new car. I hope those prices return again this summer.

I surely wouldn't consider a 2017 SE manual with 53,500 miles for $12,400 + tax, title, registration, doc. fees, & whatever other charges that may be included. So yes, it does seem over priced.

I think the addition of cruise control in 2019 has made the 2019+ Mirage ES manuals slightly more appealing, but cruise can be added to any car, too.

Just things to think about. A 2017 SE manual is nicely equipped. I wouldn't way over pay for one just to get something like push button start or alloy wheel. In my mind, wheels are cheap & easy to upgrade on any vehicle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (05-03-2021)

Hey Mark, thanks so much for your thorough and detailed response!

Keep in mind a 2017 ES manual has had...
    Did you mean the 2021 ES manual? The 2017 ES manual never had any of the listed features. Anyway...

2021 Emergency Assist braking added (feature not on a 2017 SE)

The difference between a 2017 SE manual and 2021 ES manual would be items like 14" alloy wheels & push button start. It really comes down to what feature above can't you live without?
    Yes I admit these "minor" differences can be considered subjective but the alloy wheels and push button start are key differences, there's also the turn-signal mirrors (with pigtails in the fenders for additional turn signals - to be seen in a small car), leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, android auto headunit, and factory fog lights (better for visibility). These are features I would like to live with now that I've lived without them.

I do food delivery 7 days a week with my 2015 Mirage DE 5SMT and at times I would kill to have push button start and push button door entry as it saves a few seconds of time and frustration operating the car, believe it or not. With the constant getting in and out of the car, this would make my life/job a little more efficient/easier. Again, minor changes but with a purpose.

Also my DE's Bluetooth has never worked so even something as "basic" as Bluetooth would save me time/frustration from having to insert the AUX cable multiple times while I'm getting in and out of the car along with the USB power cable. Again, time and frustration shaved.

After experiencing many near front-ended collisions I would kill to have the 2021 Emergency Assist braking. I consider myself an above average driver but I'm still human and make mistakes. When I drive in heavy rush hour traffic, this could seriously make all the difference in avoiding those potential accidents. I use my car to earn a wage and if I have an accident I'm in big trouble. Anything to help me avoid an accident is now money well spent in order to keep me productive and earning!

I've even considered the CVT transmission for my delivery Mirage (in the name of making my life/job easier) and the manual transmission for my "fun" Mirage.

One last thing, a 2017 Mirage is used and has already taken the "new car depreciation hit". So in theory, I would be doing myself a financial favor in choosing used over new for my delivery vehicle.

I bought a Mirage in 2017, and I spent some time comparing the ES & SE manuals. A brand new 2017 Mirage SE manual would have cost me approximately $9,800 @ White Bear Mitsubishi (well under $11,000 OTD).

In retrospect, that was a great price! If I buy a new Mirage, I'm buying from White Bear Mitsubishi! Unlike the dealership I posted above that's trying to pull a fast one. Even I cannot justify that based on the previous 17 SE's I've come across.

For a brief time this past spring, White Bear was offering the 2021 ES manual for $10,999... I hope those prices return again

100% Agreed! White Bear Mitsubishi is a no-brainer. That was a fantastic price for a new 2021 Mirage ES manual, and they ship nationally!

Just things to think about. A 2017 SE manual is nicely equipped. I wouldn't way over pay for one just to get something like push button start or alloy wheel. In my mind, wheels are cheap & easy to upgrade on any vehicle.

Agreed! This first example has been the most overpriced 17 SE manual I've ever encountered and it's not the only one. I don't understand why some of these dealerships are pricing these Mirages so high. Could it be climbing gas prices? Inflation? Trending search data? I don't know.
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 05-04-2021 at 07:27 AM.

Here's another example, this is a one owner. I think the price is still too high imo.

Price: $9,500
    Mileage: 56,451
    Color: Sunrise Orange
    Stock Number: 21BP086
    VIN: ML32A4HJ4HH016440

https://www.toyotakeene.com/commerci...19d7619919.htm

7. The Following User Says Thank You to davidricardo86 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (05-05-2021)

This thread needed an update so here's a great 17 SE manual. This is a great one but it's the most expensive example yet and it's black (meaning swirls)! Used car prices went through the roof and this one is no exception. Then again CarMax always prices these Mirages sky high.

Price: $12,998
    Mileage: 25,510
    Color: Black
    VIN: ML32A4HJ9HH006003

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/3...-c030fc2aa30a/
    Last edited by davidricardo86; 06-30-2021 at 05:24 AM.

Here's a good one but I'm not digging the tints and the skull shift knob.

Price: $11,511
    Mileage: 44,234
    Color: Silver
    VIN: ML32A4HJ1HH020946

https://www.davesmithnissan.com/inve...2a4hj1hh020946

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    This thread needed an update so here's a great 17 SE manual. This is a great one but it's the most expensive example yet and it's black (meaning swirls)! Used car prices went through the roof and this one is no exception. Then again CarMax always prices these Mirages sky high.

Price: $12,998
    Mileage: 25,510
    Color: Black
    VIN: ML32A4HJ9HH006003

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/3...-c030fc2aa30a/
    In October of 2017, I could have bought a brand 2017 SE manual for $9,800 (approximately $10,700 OTD).

I heard a car salesperson state that used car prices are about 60% higher than normal these days.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (07-01-2021)

I heard the other day lumber is coming down. The local homeless depot is listing 2x4's for a dollar less than they were last month. Things are looking up!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (07-01-2021)

60% higher than normal? It appears that way and i wouldn't buy a 17 SE manual at this point in time.

But part of me wonders if this has anything to do with hyper inflation and the recent money printing that has been going on.

I'm thinking i might be better off trading in my 2015 DE manual for a 2021 ES manual right now. Buying a new Mirage is actually cheaper than buying a used one?! Ha okay if you say so.

It'll be interesting to see how long this lasts, i really regret not pulling the trigger on a $7k-$8k 17 SE manual when i had the opportunity.

Last edited by davidricardo86; 07-01-2021 at 04:30 AM.