Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some models have height adjustable steering wheel

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Post Some models have height adjustable steering wheel

Hello all,

I own a 2015 and i only have a tilt adjustable steering wheel but not height, looking at the spec sheet for the new 2021 model and for the 2017 model. They both have tilt and height adjustable steering wheel for all trim levels. Just wanted to let anyone interested in the car know. Just mentioning this because ive never seen anyone on the forum mention it before.

So you're saying your tilt steering column doesn't change the height of the steering wheel?

I have a 2014, work has 2015,2017 and 2019's. They all have the same tilt steering column. I can't say I've seen a tilt column that has a separate redundant height adjustment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Hello all,

I own a 2015 and i only have a tilt adjustable steering wheel but not height, looking at the spec sheet for the new 2021 model and for the 2017 model. They both have tilt and height adjustable steering wheel for all trim levels. Just wanted to let anyone interested in the car know. Just mentioning this because ive never seen anyone on the forum mention it before.
    Doesn't the tilt adjustment change the height of the steering wheel? The steering moves in a small arc.

The other feature would be telescoping steering, & I don't think any Mirages have it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Fummins, If you have access to a 2017 or newer mirage can you tell me if it has a telescoping steering wheel? since the spec sheet lists tilt and height adjustment separately, i thought it meant that the steering wheel was telescoping?

Weird. No they don't have telescopic steering. Again, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019 are all the same. They have tilt, that's it. I believe even the poverty editions have tilt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins, If you have access to a 2017 or newer mirage can you tell me if it has a telescoping steering wheel? since the spec sheet lists tilt and height adjustment separately, i thought it meant that the steering wheel was telescoping?
    I've only heard forum members complain about the lack of telescoping steering. The only time I use the tilt is to drop the steering wheel to dust the steering column. It's not much of an adjustment.

Poverty Mirages in the States have tilt, too.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    mine is 2017 no height adjustment, the lower shaft joint is telescopic and can move up and down but the problem is the EPS itself is fixed on the dashboard bracket thats why that telescopic lower shaft is useless, the pajero sports have that but prone to steering knocking and you need to repack it and use some special sticky grease.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    mine is 2017 no height adjustment, the lower shaft joint is telescopic and can move up and down but the problem is the EPS itself is fixed on the dashboard bracket thats why that telescopic lower shaft is useless, the pajero sports have that but prone to steering knocking and you need to repack it and use some special sticky grease.
    What is EPS? electronic power steering? what do you mean when you say that the lower shaft is telescopic?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Weird. No they don't have telescopic steering. Again, 2014, 2015, 2017 and 2019 are all the same. They have tilt, that's it. I believe even the poverty editions have tilt.

Fummins I own a poverty edition, can confirm i have tilt steering wheel. Id imagine developing a poverty edition specific steering column would cost a lot. Unlike those great savings they make by removing the cruise control button from my car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins I own a poverty edition, can confirm i have tilt steering wheel. Id imagine developing a poverty edition specific steering column would cost a lot. Unlike those great savings they make by removing the cruise control button from my car.
    Canadian Mitsubishi website lists all three current trim levels the same (tilt steering). In North America, we all have tilt steering (which allows us to change the height of the steering wheel slightly). If telescoping steering was a feature, it would surely be listed.

I can't remember the last vehicle that I have seen without tilt steering? It's practically standard equipment for all vehicles these days.

In the states, the 2017 ES doesn't have any buttons on the steering wheel.
    In 2018, Bluetooth controls on the steering wheel became standard for the ES.
    In 2019, Cruise control (steering wheel buttons) also became standard for the ES.

2017-20 only the ES trim level was changed along with a couple trim levels (RF & LE) added.