Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SOLVED: Car won't start. (No clicks, nothing. Intermittent problem. )

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you can unlock your car without stuffing the key into the door lock cylinder then I call that keyless entry. Same with throwing a rock through the window. A key with lock/unlock buttons is what I call keyless entry, pretty clear as mud.
    Sorry Fummins, Ik heb dat verkeerd gelezen / vertaald, en ja je hebt gelijk

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiQ View Post
    Sorry Fummins, Ik heb dat verkeerd gelezen / vertaald, en ja je hebt gelijk
    Dat is allemaal Nederlands voor mij!
    Dus start uw sleutel zonder de vergrendelings / ontgrendelingsknoppen de auto altijd zonder problemen?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Does the Mirage have a starter relay somewhere? Never checked for this before.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    @fummins
    We don't know that unfortunately, I will ask my wife if she wants to drive with the other key for 1 month. I also will call the dealer and ask what they are going to do if after 1 month it appears that the car continues to start without problems with the none entry key.

@Eggman,
    Standart car, I don't know, it is just a car . You start it and have to drive . My wife cares for the elderly, and she drives every day to several people. Let say 60 starts in a week. In 8 weeks she got in the first period 2 problem with starting, last week 3 times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage CVT 1.2 automatic: 39.5 mpg (US) ... 16.8 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 47.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by ToXiQ View Post
    first time from Parking shift to Neutral and back, remove key and put the key in again, and yes it is starting.
    You could potentially rule out a problem with the Park position switch by trying to start it in Neutral next time.

Not sure about Euro cars, but all the automatic cars I've driven in Canada will start in N as well as P.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

ToXiQ (05-11-2021)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    You are right metroMPG, the car will start in Neutral and Parking, I just tested it.

I have seen the car in a non-starting situation 2 times myself and in both cases ignition on put switch lever from Park to Neutral and trying to start there and turn it back. The car did not start, regardless if I removed the key and put it back to neutral. I tried several things.
    Last edited by ToXiQ; 05-11-2021 at 04:25 PM.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

probably solved

Today the problem occurred again and I went to the car with the spare key.
    Video 1 is with keyless entry key video 2 is with the spare key.

After this was filmed we called the Mitsubishi car service and explained that if they arrive the car would probably just start. Unfortunately, this did happen and we then drove straight on to the Mitsubishi dealer. They checked the car and the computer and could not find anything. They suggested keeping the car and to start it once in a while to see if they encountered the problem as well. Less than 1 hour later we were called, the problem was probably discovered. They removed a cover from the starter motor and found a contact to be loose.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ToXiQ For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-12-2021),Fummins (05-12-2021),MetroMPG (05-12-2021),Top_Fuel (05-12-2021)

That's good news. Glad you got it figured out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Good to hear! Intermittent problems are frustrating.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Going to go ahead and close this thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)