Thread: How to remove front passenger seat with no airbag light on

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

How to remove front passenger seat with no airbag light on

Hello,

How do you keep the airbag light off when front passenger seat is removed. I am assuming that when the airbag connector is disconnected, the airbag light would come on and may deactivate the entire system. Do I use a resistor and which wire colour do they go to? Should I unplug the battery before doing this?

Thanks

The passenger seat has an occupancy sensor in the cushion too, I believe it looks like a square pad. You can use a resistor of the proper resistance to replace the airbag itself but I'm not sure how you'd defeat the occupancy sensor. In other vehicles, I removed the entire wiring harness with occupancy sensor(s)from the passenger seat, plugged a resistor where the airbag plug was, and tucked the entire works under the center console. If your airbag light is lit on the cluster there's a good chance your airbags will not work in an accident.

You don't "need" to unhook the battery, as long as you don't turn the key on you should be fine. But white hardhat-wearing clipboard warriors will likely tell you otherwise.
    When you unplug an airbag there is a jumper wire inside the connector that shorts out the airbag, basically making it impossible to magically detonate out of the blue.

Last edited by Fummins; 05-09-2021 at 06:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)