Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Bear Mitsubishi - Mirage deals are gone?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts

White Bear Mitsubishi - Mirage deals are gone?

Within the last 2 months, you could get a 2021 Mirage ES for $11,000 from White Bear...

Name:  whitebeardeal.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  88.2 KB

Today the website has a completely different look and the cheapest ES 5-speed they have is now $13,000...

Name:  whitebeardeal2.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  46.8 KB

The rebates have remained largely unchanged for the last few months. I wonder if there's a supply issue? My local dealer only has 1 hatchback in stock...a 2021 Carbonite for about $18,500

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 05-11-2021 at 01:27 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Supply & demand are driving (no pun intended ok maybe a little) dealers to not discount as much would be my logical guesstimation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just went to their site last week and thought the same thing! Maybe the global chip shortage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I just went to their site last week and thought the same thing! Maybe the global chip shortage?
    It may be chip related.

"According to Bloomberg, Mitsubishi built around 90,000 vehicles each month in January and February this year, so the news that the company will drop that number by 16,000 in May means around a fifth of the company’s global production will be affected by the chip shortage. Exactly which models will be pausing production is currently unclear, but a Mitsubishi spokesperson confirmed to Car and Driver that the affected models will come from factories in Okazaki and Mizushima, Japan, and Thailand. The Mirage (pictured) is produced in Thailand and elsewhere."

Taken from -

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g3...chip-shortage/

My brother talked to salesmen recently (not even sure which brand). He said last year at this time he had access to 90 used pickup trucks to sell. Currently, he has access to 6. My Dad & brother's GM dealerships are begging them to trade in their pickup trucks.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-11-2021 at 04:19 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Within the last 2 months, you could get a 2021 Mirage ES for $11,000 from White Bear...

Name:  whitebeardeal.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  88.2 KB

Today the website has a completely different look and the cheapest ES 5-speed they have is now $13,000...

Name:  whitebeardeal2.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  46.8 KB

The rebates have remained largely unchanged for the last few months. I wonder if there's a supply issue? My local dealer only has 1 hatchback in stock...a 2021 Carbonite for about $18,500

Ive never seen Walker Toyota have more than 5 or 6 in inventory, and all overpriced. Even before the chip shortage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Someone(Mark?) Needs to get on the horn with Richard and ask what's up!!!

The shortage of new vehicles is driving used car prices up as well.

Wholesale prices for used cars sold at auction are up 26% since the start of this year, according to other data from JD Power. Retail used car prices are up a more modest 7% in the same period. That's also a significant jump for this time of year, and the higher wholesale prices are pointing to bigger increases on the way.
    https://www.kcra.com/article/why-car...ighs/36192181#

Time to sell the Even Fancier Metro!

(Except then I'd have to find another one.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just looking at the used ones, pretty insane how much the price of them have gone up.

I cruise by the dealership everyday on my way back home. Could be supply and demand. On top of that, prices of gasoline going up (this week and the next few weeks). Price of gasoline going up = people buying eco cars, possibly? They've got the 2022 Outlander sitting outside the lot too. I'll try to grab a pic of the lot today for the curious lol

From what I remember, I believe last year right after the summer, I got a few emails about them (WBL Mitsu) buying my car/trading it in/giving me cash + a new Mitsu. It was interesting but my Mirage is/was basically paid off so having no car payments is nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If nothing else, COVID has shown me the huge economic opportunities that come with worldwide crisis. Crypto is going nuts. Stocks are going nuts. Housing is going nuts. Cars are going nuts. Mark my words: by the time WWIII has come and gone, I'll be a millionaire.

If only I had money to gamble with, lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Just looking at the used ones, pretty insane how much the price of them have gone up.

I cruise by the dealership everyday on my way back home. Could be supply and demand. On top of that, prices of gasoline going up (this week and the next few weeks). Price of gasoline going up = people buying eco cars, possibly? They've got the 2022 Outlander sitting outside the lot too. I'll try to grab a pic of the lot today for the curious lol

From what I remember, I believe last year right after the summer, I got a few emails about them (WBL Mitsu) buying my car/trading it in/giving me cash + a new Mitsu. It was interesting but my Mirage is/was basically paid off so having no car payments is nice.
    I just knew that prices on gas and other goods would go up with a change in administration so thats exactly why I unloaded my gas chugging truck for a fuel sipper. And because used truck prices were so high, and Tundras hold value anyway, I got 5k less than what I paid for it five years ago! So I have no regrets.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-11-2021),twister77 (05-12-2021)