Thread: Well I'll be! Best Mirage review [2021] I've seen in a long time! Driving.ca

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well I'll be! Best Mirage review [2021] I've seen in a long time! Driving.ca

Name:  Screenshot_2021-05-14 Car Review 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  60.0 KB

Holy $)%&, my eyes just about fell outta my head just now.

2021 Canadian Mirage review that starts out...

The Mitsubishi Mirage is one of the most affordable cars in North America – and one of the most misunderstood. [...] It’s uncomplicated and utilitarian in a way that ought to be celebrated, but that enthusiast reviewers just can’t get their heads around. That’s too bad, because it’s a good little machine.
    And it just goes on from there being completely level-headed.

Probably the most reasonable review of the car I've ever read.

I loved this line:

the Mirage caters to people who don’t feel the need to make a statement: the anti-Joneses, if you will.

And...

I’m convinced that today’s reviewers have grown so accustomed to the astonishing performance of modern premium cars that they have lost sight of just how far our econoboxes have come.
    And..

And to the reviewers who will be driving this car in the coming months: please stop moaning about how it doesn’t corner like a Civic or accelerate like a Sonata. It’s nice to have those points of reference, but that isn’t the point. Let’s save the cheap shots and keep our comparisons grounded, because this car is fine.
    It’s time to give the little Mirage its due.
    It's not all sweeness and light. He does list a number of valid criticisms, but overall worth a read.

Read the whole thing:

Car Review: 2021 Mitsubishi Mirage
    Joneses who? Not as quiet as a Rolls-Royce, but will fit 1,331 litres of chocolate milk
    by
    Elliot Alder

But you have to have Facebook account to leave a comment.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

2of9 (05-18-2021),craigq (05-15-2021),Fummins (05-17-2021),inuvik (05-15-2021),Mark (05-15-2021),Mirageman38 (05-15-2021),Top_Fuel (05-15-2021),twister77 (05-15-2021)