Thread: Well I'll be! Best Mirage review [2021] I've seen in a long time! Driving.ca

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,430 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Doug did a "top 5 worst cars" he has ever reviewed and the Mirage was #3 I think. He basically doubled down and said it was unreliable and that he didn't have anything against "the poor" but that is probably the only type of person who would drive a Mirage.
    I think I saw that video too. Now ... I'm not rich, by any means. Heck, right now (after tax season), I'm broke, busted, shattered and splintered. But I'm not poor either. The Mirage has a definite point to it. It was conceived, designed and manufactured to be ... inexpensive. I have respect for that goal. If it were CHEAP, I wouldn't be interested in it. If it were unreliable, I would not have bought one.

This subject Mirage review was correct. It is a matter of perspective. If a person reviews 400 hp BMWs, Audis, Mercedes in the 60k to 100k range for most of the year, the Mirage is going to be extremely different. Not even comparable. But the Mirage has them all beat, just on a different scale. If anyone asks me why I bought the Blueberry (which is kind of a dumb question in my opinion), I'm just going to tell them, "because I'm sooooo sooooo poor, and sooooo sooooo dumb. You should lease a 7-Series BMW right now."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

twister77 (05-18-2021)