Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I'll be! Best Mirage review [2021] I've seen in a long time! Driving.ca

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Doug did a "top 5 worst cars" he has ever reviewed and the Mirage was #3 I think. He basically doubled down and said it was unreliable and that he didn't have anything against "the poor" but that is probably the only type of person who would drive a Mirage.
    I think I saw that video too. Now ... I'm not rich, by any means. Heck, right now (after tax season), I'm broke, busted, shattered and splintered. But I'm not poor either. The Mirage has a definite point to it. It was conceived, designed and manufactured to be ... inexpensive. I have respect for that goal. If it were CHEAP, I wouldn't be interested in it. If it were unreliable, I would not have bought one.

This subject Mirage review was correct. It is a matter of perspective. If a person reviews 400 hp BMWs, Audis, Mercedes in the 60k to 100k range for most of the year, the Mirage is going to be extremely different. Not even comparable. But the Mirage has them all beat, just on a different scale. If anyone asks me why I bought the Blueberry (which is kind of a dumb question in my opinion), I'm just going to tell them, "because I'm sooooo sooooo poor, and sooooo sooooo dumb. You should lease a 7-Series BMW right now."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

twister77 (05-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    This subject Mirage review was correct. It is a matter of perspective. If a person reviews 400 hp BMWs, Audis, Mercedes in the 60k to 100k range for most of the year, the Mirage is going to be extremely different. Not even comparable. But the Mirage has them all beat, just on a different scale. If anyone asks me why I bought the Blueberry (which is kind of a dumb question in my opinion), I'm just going to tell them, "because I'm sooooo sooooo poor, and sooooo sooooo dumb. You should lease a 7-Series BMW right now."
    Haha! 100% agreed. It's insane to me that some folks will buy a car for 'clout'. Then, once it breaks, they immediately trash the car because it's unreliable because of they way they treated the car lol

Excellent article. Great read.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Just re read this article today. One of the few reviewers that really "get" the Mirage and what it's purpose is.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    that mags is from a 2016 model though, i cant believe Mitsubishi is giving your market a donut and a old design mags, why? you have a ASTC ,curtain airbag and FCM then they paired it with an old mags..i think you cant really have it all.