Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If a Mirage were to "outrun" law enforcement...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Hmmm...that would definitely be a "slow-speed" chase...

Attachment 21204

Attachment 21205
    Lol hey goddamnit my Mirage is green and I'd have my 9mm licking shots off out the window! Or at least throw all my phlebotomist gear at them/ .23 gauge butterfly needles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Oh, I'd do NO VIOLENCE. Anyone combatting against law enforcement deserves whatever they get. And once they had me pinned in, I would NOT be ramming anything to get free.

I'm envisioning this as just purely an exercise of fun or futility. I give the Mirage a 5% chance of not getting caught. There'd have to be a lot of luck involved. I bet pit maneuvering a Mirage would be easy. With such a short wheelbase, it would be difficult to control once skidding.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh, I'd do NO VIOLENCE. Anyone combatting against law enforcement deserves whatever they get. And once they had me pinned in, I would NOT be ramming anything to get free.

I'm envisioning this as just purely an exercise of fun or futility. I give the Mirage a 5% chance of not getting caught. There'd have to be a lot of luck involved. I bet pit maneuvering a Mirage would be easy. With such a short wheelbase, it would be difficult to control once skidding.
    I was obviously kidding 7milesout. Sorry I watch too many outlaw westerns lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh yeah, I figured as much. But trying to keep this ridiculous topic from getting shut down. We're good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Well, this guy tried and failed spectacularly [died?]:

Thread: Not the kind of Mirage video you want to see [police chase ends badly]

"E" for effort, though?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes. Well ... it has sort of been tried. I suppose that counts. I just sort of resist giving that attempt full credit due to the violence, and seems like he wasn't trying hard to flee until they started bumping him.

But in my version, there are no guns or violence involved. That guy got dead ... not a good idea to combat against dudes that do a lot of firearm training and prefer to go home to their families NOT in a body bag.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, I meant to add. If my Blueberry ever gets tore up ... let's say somebody crashes into my car and it's their fault. If the Blueberry gets totaled and I'm handed a (small) stack of cash, I may turn the Blueberry into one of those enduro racecars. Usually those races are reserved for FWD 4 cylinder only cars. But I'm sure they'll let a cute little 3-tapper, FWD 78 hp car in those races.

Those races look like so much fun to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just built a Lemons car with a 92 Integra and I've been thinking how light and reliable my mirage would be in that type of event. I bet it would surprise a lot of people

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That was my thinking too. If you could keep it wound up to 4000 rpm or greater, in a good state of tune and good brakes, with it's light weight and small size, it my be close to competitive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The engines just last too long and us owners want to squeeze every last ounce of value out of them. Might be able to find one at a police auction for $500 if there is anyone motivated by this thread.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-18-2021)