Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If a Mirage were to "outrun" law enforcement...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    No shoot outs? Awwwwww maaaaaaan.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    I don't like getting ouchies. And I wouldn't win.

I've been thinking, when I retire, I think I'd like to get arrested and spend a couple days in the local pokey. Nothing serious mind you. No federal "pound you in the ... prison" (Office Space). Just something like, smoking one of those funny cigarettes some place that maybe one shouldn't. Or, excessive speeding. Or evading law enforcement. When the judge says, "you're an old geezer, why'd you flee?" I could say, "I have a 78 hp car, I just wanted to see what was possible."

Just seems like as good a citizen as I have always been, that I'm missing a cultural experience such as spending a night or two in the pokey. Course, once I'm fully geezerized, I probably will not want to have such a cultural experience...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I don't like getting ouchies. And I wouldn't win.

I've been thinking, when I retire, I think I'd like to get arrested and spend a couple days in the local pokey. Nothing serious mind you. No federal "pound you in the ... prison" (Office Space). Just something like, smoking one of those funny cigarettes some place that maybe one shouldn't. Or, excessive speeding. Or evading law enforcement. When the judge says, "you're an old geezer, why'd you flee?" I could say, "I have a 78 hp car, I just wanted to see what was possible."

Just seems like as good a citizen as I have always been, that I'm missing a cultural experience such as spending a night or two in the pokey. Course, once I'm fully geezerized, I probably will not want to have such a cultural experience...
    "Smoking a funny cigarette..."

I'm ready when you are 7miles. Prepare for all your Steely Dan records to start sounding a lot cooler and for ranch Doritos never tasting so good lol. My Dad is suffering from Lewy Bodies Dementia and has a pronounced tremor. I finally convinced him and my step-mother to try a pot brownie. Now mind you my father was a public health officer for 25 years with the CDC, so he was staunchly against it for years. Now after eating just a small amount, he's managed to relax, his nausea is gone from his other prescriptions, and he claims his tremors are more under controlled. I know I'm pissing in the wind preaching the gospel of the green to you, but prohibition is slowly getting dismantled for a much maligned plant that has a lot of potential to help a lot of adults. Let me know, I'm here for you. Plus with this new federal legislation coming the era of "Reefer Madness" is coming to an end.
    https://sundownerfacts.com/treating-...with-cannabis/

My grandmother was a RN in Vancouver. She had a full blown hydroponics room in their basement and grew weed for patients and friends who had chronic pain. I had no idea, and apparently neither did my grandfather lol. He hated drugs and hippies but didn't know what it looked or smelled like.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-21-2021)

Did she also keep a pet skunk to explain the odour to him?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-21-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My grandmother was a RN in Vancouver. She had a full blown hydroponics room in their basement and grew weed for patients and friends who had chronic pain. I had no idea, and apparently neither did my grandfather lol. He hated drugs and hippies but didn't know what it looked or smelled like.
    As someone who worked in a rehab facility, I've seen the worst of opioid addiction. Studies show that replacing prescription pain killers with cannabis can cut the recidivism rate by almost 50%. I just had umbilical hernia surgery a month ago and my surgeon prescribed me 40 hydrocodone. 40! For the first 3 days I took them because I was in agony but after that I had my wife flush them down the toliet and just treated the pain with pot. It wasn't as effective as the narcotic but worked just fine on its own. It relaxes you enough to care a lot less about the pain IMO. Your grandma was ahead of her time and I'm betting was a damn fine nurse too.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-21-2021)

I had no idea she did that til after she passed. We'd go in the hydro room and help her water plants not having a clue what we were looking at. Until I was a teenager then it hit me, I remember that smell!

Sound like that surgery was a pretty painful! Drugs are bad mkay. I was given a bunch of pain killers when I broke my femur years ago. They bunged me up like crazy so I tossed them out and switched back to beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-21-2021)