Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: is forward collision mitigation standard on the 2021?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If we can abolish stealerships and do direct ordering of what we want, instead of what dealers think will sell fast and make them the most $$$, we might get more options and lower prices.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (09-02-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    If we can abolish stealerships and do direct ordering of what we want, instead of what dealers think will sell fast and make them the most $$$, we might get more options and lower prices.
    Dealerships do keep a lot of people employed, only tesla offers direct to customer sales and its banned in something like 10 us states. Hyundai allows you to buy direct online but the sale is done through a dealer.

Traditionally dealers were needed to service the vehicle, But now maintenance free vehicles are going direct to customer. Similar to how the iPhone 3 had to be purchased through a phone carrier but now apple will sell, lease and finance an iPhone direct to customer.

The question is really which manufacturer wants to bankrupt all their dealers first. Aside from messing up all the customer relations, they will have to devise an alternative service system like teslas online service network and this would make things like recalls impossibly complex to complete.

Used car dealers are already direct to customer in the sense that they have one mega lot and serve like every city in my area. e.g caravana
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I don't waste time at dealerships any more. I don't go anywhere without knowing their OTD price first. My time on this earth is precious, & I am not wasting it at a lousy dealership.

I like purchasing a vehicle from my recliner at home. I used my local dealership for a Mirage test drive. They didn't know that, but that's their problem not mine. I saved approximately $3,800 OTD buying elsewhere, & the car was delivered to my home a few days later for free. I might add they got my Mirage in my first color choice from another dealership, too.

I was never asked to purchase anything extra, & they apologized for not arriving at my house with a full tank of gas. Not all dealerships are the same! It's not that hard to sort through them without leaving the house.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-03-2022)