Thread: Rear Shock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Rear Shock

Does anyone have a OEM rear shock that is not on your car that can take some measurements for me?

No not at home. I have one off at work but you’ll have to wait til Tuesday. What specs do you want? Here’s some for the Monroe 5558 shocks. I’m
    Not sure how close this is to the oem
    Shock. Probably close enough.
    Attachment 21228Attachment 21229Attachment 21230

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is the info I’m looking for but wasn’t sure if the Monroe is the same as OEM

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    You may want to use the search function.
    This may be of interest:
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ith-KYB-348083

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What my goal is, is to try and cross it to an air shock to help stiffen the rear end. I have already done the helper bags and the squeaked way to much for my liking. And this way I can have a bit more control over the rear suspension.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfnet1 View Post
    What my goal is, is to try and cross it to an air shock to help stiffen the rear end. I have already done the helper bags and the squeaked way to much for my liking. And this way I can have a bit more control over the rear suspension.
    That's a pretty good idea. Looking forward to what you come up with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I found a Monroe air shock that is very very close to the same measurements for compressed, extended, and travel. The only difference is the lower mount is a 1/2” vs a 12mm hole only a 32nd of an inch so I should still be ok. I have a pair on order along with a hose kit so I can install them and test it out. They can run from 20psi to 150psi. I’ll be starting low lol. I believe the orriginal application for this shock is an F150 so it may be way to stiff just normal. Only one way to tell it’s a $85 investment and an hour of work

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ok so today I took out one of the stock shocks and compared it to the Monroe air shock length is so close to the same it fits on the car with some room to spare. Not sure if you had OEM offset wheels if it could run against the tire though. I have to get a different nut for the top since it didn’t come with one and these are not Metric I have to go to the hardware store to get it. I think this will work perfectly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I found a Monroe air shock that is very very close to the same measurements for compressed, extended, and travel. The only difference is the lower mount is a 1/2” vs a 12mm hole only a 32nd of an inch so I should still be ok. I have a pair on order along with a hose kit so I can install them and test it out. They can run from 20psi to 150psi. I’ll be starting low lol. I believe the orriginal application for this shock is an F150 so it may be way to stiff just normal. Only one way to tell it’s a $85 investment and an hour of work
    Ok so today I took out one of the stock shocks and compared it to the Monroe air shock length is so close to the same it fits on the car with some room to spare. Not sure if you had OEM offset wheels if it could run against the tire though. I have to get a different nut for the top since it didn’t come with one and these are not Metric I have to go to the hardware store to get it. I think this will work perfectly.
    That's great news. Let's see some pictures along with a part number for the Monroe air shock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, any updates?