Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, advice on 2014 ES out of state

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi Casey sorry I confused things. I pulled the photo of the interior from DougJustus dealer, I'll post here. Pretty sure that is what Fummins was saying, that's a cruise dial to the right.
    All the Canadian trims are different than in the States as Mark says.

Easy 5 second call to the dealer to double check this

Name:  mirage 14 es.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  86.7 KB

I dont' have cruise on my own ES but someone on here with cruise will know.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    2014-15 DE manual = no factory cruise control
    2017-18 ES manual = no factory cruise control

2019 was the year cruise control became standard for all trim levels. Aftermarket cruise control can be added to most any car, but that's an extra cost.

If you want a manual with factory cruise, you are shopping for a

2014-15 ES manual

2017 SE manual

2019-21 ES manual

This is somewhat confusing, because the ES was the upper trim level in 2014-15, but the ES became the base trim level in 2017-21.

If Fummins & dspace9 bring up Canadian trim levels, we will just become more confused.
    Used & new Mirage prices are slightly up. Rising gas prices don't help!

From what you have shared, you are looking for a car like this one -

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ct...312898130.html

I find the price to be a bit high for a 6 year old Mirage, but I would pay a little extra for an older Mirage that hasn't seen salt during the winter months. Places like Texas are probably a safe bet for that. One could always make an offer. If you are willing to fly one way & drive it back home, you can expand your search. That may be necessary to find a manual with cruise.

You may want to test drive a manual Mirage close to home before making a commitment, too?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    From what you have shared, you are looking for a car like this one -

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/ct...312898130.html
    That ad has some inconsistencies:

4 cylinder
    2015 SE (Mirage only came in DE & ES trim)
    Odometer 540,000 (that's a high-mileage winner alright...)

Nice looking car. Would definitely recommend considering it at 54,000 not 540,000 miles. On the other hand, if it got a four-cylinder engine upgrade that's something to take into account. Maybe the dealer put in a four-cylinder and called it an SE trim.

For the record this generation Mirage is only offered with a three-cylinder engine.

Oh, and bring that S10 up North and see how much you'll get for a rust-free Florida car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That ad has some inconsistencies:

4 cylinder
    2015 SE (Mirage only came in DE & ES trim)
    Odometer 540,000 (that's a high-mileage winner alright...)

Nice looking car. Would definitely recommend considering it at 54,000 not 540,000 miles. On the other hand, if it got a four-cylinder engine upgrade that's something to take into account. Maybe the dealer put in a four-cylinder and called it an SE trim.

For the record this generation Mirage is only offered with a three-cylinder engine.

Oh, and bring that S10 up North and see how much you'll get for a rust-free Florida car.
    Many ads have mistakes, especially listing the type of transmission. The pics overcome many of the mistakes you pointed out.

The steering wheel & alloy wheels indicate it is a 2015 ES manual. If the mileage is truly 540,000, it's not low mileage. I assume a extra zero was added.

I would assume it a 2015 ES manual by the pics.
    I would assume it has 54,000 miles, because of the 9,000 miles/year reference.
    I would assume the person was clueless & careless in how they listed it.
    I also wouldn't pay quite that much for it.

FYI - Your Mirage is what he wants!

Do you have a need for a S10?
    Last edited by Mark; 05-23-2021 at 10:20 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Grandfather bought the S10 new in 86. I've had it for 10 years. Almost let it get mothballed but revived it a few years ago and made it my commuter. I'll keep if I get the mirage for sentimental reasons and we have a little farm and no garbage pick up as well as a little fishing boat to pull.

Got it, thanks for all the model info. Considering using lemon squad to check out the car in Knoxville.

This one is 30 min from my house. I'm going to look at it and drive it this week but I really don't care for white and the miles and price seem too high.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...4329196749398/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    This one is 30 min from my house. I'm going to look at it and drive it this week but I really don't care for white and the miles and price seem too high.

Yeah, seems $6,000 is too much with 128,000 miles. But at least it's a test drive. Remember that it has 128,000 miles then go drive a new one. Good thing you're not in a hurry - are you?

Do you have a need for a S10?
    Not me - not ready to give up my Speck just yet. But I'm sure someone in the Rust Belt would pay a premium for clean S10.

Years ago I heard Southern cars with no rust are valued up North and Northern engines are valued down South to replace blown engines.
    Last edited by Eggman; 05-24-2021 at 01:42 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

I thought 2014 ES came with alloy wheels, and that car looks like it has steel rims with wheel covers?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But I'm sure someone in the Rust Belt would pay a premium for clean S10.
    If you want to take a road trip to Ontario, I would jump all over a rust free Florida truck. The junk people are trying to sell here for large dollars would make you sick (unless your the seller.. people must be paying them...) No engine projects without a box trucks for 8 to 10K that need body work???... Sorry, on a rant,...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Only the unreasonable, little kid excited for a new toy part of me is in a hurry. My wife has been urging me to get a car for several years and I've resisted but now that I've made up my mind about it and think that I know what I want I'm ready. Florida summer is coming on this week with highs in the upper 90s, so cruising in the truck with the windows down breathing in highway exhaust is going to lose some of it's charm. I really don't want to spend the money for a new car, but I think I will contact a local dealer just to see what they offer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really don't want to spend the money for a new car, but I think I will contact a local dealer just to see what they offer.
    Florida dealers are known for some of the lowest advertised prices but the highest dealer fees. For comparison, check out the pricing at White Bear Mitsubishi and keep in mind that a forum member bought their new Mirage from White Bear and had it shipped to North Carolina not too long ago and saved thousands over their local dealer. Be sure to get the out-the-door price for an apples-to-apples comparison.

And be sure to drive one first - our favorite little car isn't for everyone.