Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Hi, advice on 2014 ES out of state

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Awesome...glad it worked out! I hate to be negative on used car dealers...but it's hard.

Looks like you got a great deal in the current market. You might be able to sell that car to Carvana for close to what you just paid for it...or maybe even make a few bucks on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Casey (05-29-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Congrats man! Welcome to the family. Now its time to drop a Lancer engine in it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Casey (05-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Congrats on your Mirage purchase!

I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain of these cars! I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

I have very worn Federal tires up front & very worn factory Dunlop tires on the rear this summer myself.

This will help you reset your wrench icon (1-minute clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfnBnQ_dc

I wish my 2017 ES manual had cruise, too! I thought I might add it right away. That was 50,000 miles ago, & I still haven't done it. I don't get uncomfortable driving my Mirage, & I do 4+ hour trips one-way to visit my parents quite often.

We're all good at throwing advice at others, but I think you did what seem best for you! Given the higher prices for Mirages these days, I would search for a use manual myself if I needed one today.

Congrats again!

Mark

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Casey (05-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Congrats on your Mirage purchase!

I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain of these cars! I think you will be very happy with your purchase.

I have very worn Federal tires up front & very worn factory Dunlop tires on the rear this summer myself.

This will help you reset your wrench icon (1-minute clip) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfnBnQ_dc

I wish my 2017 ES manual had cruise, too! I thought I might add it right away. That was 50,000 miles ago, & I still haven't done it. I don't get uncomfortable driving my Mirage, & I do 4+ hour trips one-way to visit my parents quite often.

We're all good at throwing advice at others, but I think you did what seem best for you! Given the higher prices for Mirages these days, I would search for a use manual myself if I needed one today.

Congrats again!

Mark
    Okay, the more worn dunlop on mine are likely the original tires. That is good to know in regards to the rear axle issue. The wear on these seem appropriate.

Yeah, a brand new car would have been nice, but this one is nice enough and I'm comfortable that is pretty well taken care of and no payment!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Okay, the more worn dunlop on mine are likely the original tires. That is good to know in regards to the rear axle issue. The wear on these seem appropriate.

Yeah, a brand new car would have been nice, but this one is nice enough and I'm comfortable that is pretty well taken care of and no payment!!!
    Mirages are affordable, reliable, & economical! Not having a car payment makes you appreciate them even more!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Congratulations on your new Mirage. Looks like it's in great shape, and the cat seems to approve.

BTW I would prefer the factory cruise over any add-on cruise control. Just so you know, there is a lively discussion on the merits of OEM cruise control around here somewhere and it's certain those arguments are bound to make their way back.

I sometimes miss Spanish Moss and Live Oaks.

Again, congrats.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Casey (05-30-2021)

Casey, congrats!

Just to clarify: this was your first time driving a Mirage?

Some people here think it's funny when I insist my Mirage feels like rolling in luxury. It's all relative, right? Depends what you're coming from.

So did the cat pee on the rear tire? [I had to zoom way in to figure out that it was in fact a cat!]

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: FYI, in case you haven't seen it, you can also enable factory cruise by adding buttons/switches and enabling it in the computer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Just looked this up - looks very scenic & beautiful from an online map. Are there any good campgrounds in the area?
    There are a few provincial parks in the area, but I've never been to any of them. You planning a road trip?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Casey, congrats!

Just to clarify: this was your first time driving a Mirage?

Some people here think it's funny when I insist my Mirage feels like rolling in luxury. It's all relative, right? Depends what you're coming from.

So did the cat pee on the rear tire? [I had to zoom way in to figure out that it was in fact a cat!]
    Yes, I've been researching them for a few weeks but today was the first time I had seen one in person except for a couple seen driving down the road! Compared to a S10 with 35 year old bench seat with near no adjustment and no AC, it's a luxury vehicle. Newest and nicest car I have owned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Casey For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-30-2021)