Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi, advice on 2014 ES out of state

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post

Then I found this one that seems fantastic and the company delivers all their cars. Turns out this one was in Washington and they could deliver to me for $3900 lol.

https://shift.com/car/2014-red-mitsu...mirage/c149342

So, the search continues. Thanks for the additional information about after market cruise control. It's a real must for me. Maybe the pedal is stiff on my truck, but I've an on and off sciatica/hip issue and holding down the pedal on my long drive really irritates me.
    If I had to replace my 2017 Mirage ES manual, a car like the one below would be first choice.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...ubishi-mirage/

Reasons:
    I prefer the updated 2017+ Mirages for all the reasons Top Fuel already pointed out.

This car is listed used, but I question that. Mileage is 7, no previous owners, & it may have the original window sticker on the car.

I like the 2019 ES manual model the best! Cruise became standard in 2019, and the 2019 ES still has manual climate controls. I like cruise, but don't care for auto climate controls (just personal preference).

I am not a big fan of black cars, but this is a car I would inquire about. It's been listed for a very long time (250+ days). If I could get this car for $10,000-11,000 OTD, I would feel pretty good about that. If it still came with a full new car warranty, I would feel even better about it. The mileage & being listed as used don't add up? Previous owners is zero, too! It would demand some answers for sure.

If you could get a committed OTD price you would be comfortable with, I don't think this car would come with any surprises. It looks new to me!

Last edited by Mark; 05-28-2021 at 04:50 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,542 Times in 1,474 Posts
    ...she straight told me I didn't want to come up there for that car.
    At least they saved you the trouble. There's nothing worse than traveling all day to look at a used car, and as soon as you see it, you know immediately the seller misrepresented it. I've been there more than a few times.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

reality check...

on his commute across the Mojave desert with one big hill he can set his cruise control to 50 miles an hour and get 73 MPG! I feel like that's pretty possible for me then with my back roads flat Florida commute.
    73 MPG is about as extreme an example as you'll find for a Mirage. You just won't see that in typical day-to-day driving.

If you're commuting exclusively on 50 mph back roads, expect tanks in the mid/high 40's and occasionally low 50's [AC off].

You may see one-way trips higher than that in certain conditions [strong tail wind, descending elevation], but don't get your hopes up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (05-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Mirage prices seem high to me lately.
    You are not wrong:

Thread: Mirage value increasing! (Used Mirage prices up $2k+ in last year)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mirage is listed in the top 10 cars that have increased in price the most.

I was looking back through all the ones I've contacted and found this one that never got back in touch through Facebook. I called and going to see it in the morning. Two hours from home.

It's a DE but the history looks really good and the dealer says it is pretty mint. He said I can walk out with tag, tax and title for $6300. I'm hoping to get it if it's good. I got him to send me some under the hood pics and tire wear pics. Looks fine.

https://www.orlandocartrader.com/cat_pages/cars_1.shtml

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...293&source=BUP

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll get the aftermarket cruise control kit if I decide I can't do with out it. I've been doing without in my truck since it broke a couple years ago. So we will see.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    73 MPG is about as extreme an example as you'll find for a Mirage. You just won't see that in typical day-to-day driving.

If you're commuting exclusively on 50 mph back roads, expect tanks in the mid/high 40's and occasionally low 50's [AC off].

You may see one-way trips higher than that in certain conditions [strong tail wind, descending elevation], but don't get your hopes up.
    That will be fantastic!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Mirage is listed in the top 10 cars that have increased in price the most.

I was looking back through all the ones I've contacted and found this one that never got back in touch through Facebook. I called and going to see it in the morning. Two hours from home.

It's a DE but the history looks really good and the dealer says it is pretty mint. He said I can walk out with tag, tax and title for $6300. I'm hoping to get it if it's good. I got him to send me some under the hood pics and tire wear pics. Looks fine.

https://www.orlandocartrader.com/cat_pages/cars_1.shtml

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...293&source=BUP
    I'd be leery of it, because it gained a cylinder & lost a gear!

Just joking! It's amazing how Mirages get listed incorrectly. It obviously has a 5-speed manual transmission by the pics. Given the prices these days, that doesn't sound like a bad deal. I hope it's in good shape, & you are happy with it! You'll have to keep us posted! Good luck tomorrow!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'd be leery of it, because it gained a cylinder & lost a gear!

Just joking! It's amazing how Mirages get listed incorrectly. It obviously has a 5-speed manual transmission by the pics. Given the prices these days, that doesn't sound like a bad deal. I hope it's in good shape, & you are happy with it! You'll have to keep us posted! Good luck tomorrow!
    Yes, that very thing makes the used car search difficult. You feel like you might be missing something and see lots that aren't what you are looking for. It is amazing the things you can search with all the filters. My first car I purchased was an 88 subaru wagon. Found it in the newspaper classifieds!

Good luck tomorrow, Casey. Hope it's worth the trip!