Thread: CVT to MT conversion

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks

CVT to MT conversion

Hi guys!

As the title suggests anyone here has done a CVT to Manual Transmission conversion on a mirage?

Parts wise i am able to get a complete set with everything needed from gearbox, pedals, drive shafts, shift cables and wiring harness used.

I think the mechanical aspect of the conversion should be straight forward as its just swapping out parts.
    Mine is a 2015 mirage g4. Wondering if MT parts from an older mirage will fit directly and has no design changes.
    If anyone knows do chime in.

I am not sure if it comes with a new ECM /ECU .
    But i have been told to re-write the VIN. So i think it comes wiyh a another ECM.

This is where i am not sure.
    1)Do i write the VIN on to the used MT ECM?
    2) Since ECM is used is there a limit to the number of times the VIN can be written to it?
    3) in the case the VIN on the ECM cant be re-written does it mean i have to instead change the VIN on the ETACS & KOSS ECU to follow the VIN that is stored on the used MT ECM?

Any help on the above appreciated!

Regards,
    Fit

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    i think mechanically its possible but the problem is the CVT is equipped with CVT-ECU the problem is how can you make the ENG-ECU to baypass the CVT-ECU? and if the ENG-ECU detects and anomaly on the CVT-ECU it will create a fault and it will cause vehicle to enter into limp mode.

Yesh...everything should bolt in. Kinda. The wiring and computers would be the major pita. But anything is doable. It used to be relatively common to convert automatic camaro's and firebirds to manuals, same with diesel dodge trucks but those were 2002 and older models that were easier to re-wire. Far less complicated.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)