Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rawdoggin, stunting, and drop kicking street racing: An Atlanta tradition

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The mirage has bike tires and I'm sure a one wheel drive set up so in a manual I'm positive it should leave some enasave on the blacktop, the colder the surface the better. Rev er up to 5-6k, drop the clutch and send it. She'll lay it.

Reminds me of the time a friend of mine didnt think my old Cadillac would burn out. That little Cadillac was a 95 Fleetwood with the LT1 V8 and not very fat tires. 335lbft of tq. Turned off traction control, lightly held the brake and let er rip. She put down 120ft of burnout. Did that in an empty stripmall but one customer was there and yelled saying this isn't a dragstrip lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    The Mirage will do a burn out, just make sure you turn off the traction control first

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-27-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    What about ramp jumping? The Mirage is so light weight and aerodynamic. I bet it could fly a good distance?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The video went to a drag racing event? Unless there was a burnout contest I missed lol

I'm all for burnouts as long as it's not the high-tier lame "street takeovers" that blocks traffic.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    and I'm sure a one wheel drive set up
    Umm, no. It has an open differential. I'm sure all cars with 4 wheels are at least 2 wheel drive...

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    That would be a good cost savings idea for a Mirage. Discontinue the traction control. It's not like it can do a big smoky burnout and lose control. And if one can't handle the Mirage under other circumstances, the problem is not so much the car.

Cost savings ideas: Remove traction control, remove RH wiper, remove rear wiper, make 4th gear 1:1 and eliminate a cog.

With wet front tires and holding the parking break, perhaps a manual transmission could muster a burnout. However, if we did a Mirage only event, burnouts are not even needed. First of all, there's not enough hp to have traction / control issues on the line, and 2) street tires don't respond to heat with additional traction like drag racing tires do.

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Same **** different pile. You usually only get a one tire fire if you have an open diff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (05-27-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    That would be a good cost savings idea for a Mirage. Discontinue the traction control. It's not like it can do a big smoky burnout and lose control. And if one can't handle the Mirage under other circumstances, the problem is not so much the car.

Cost savings ideas: Remove traction control, remove RH wiper, remove rear wiper, make 4th gear 1:1 and eliminate a cog.

With wet front tires and holding the parking break, perhaps a manual transmission could muster a burnout. However, if we did a Mirage only event, burnouts are not even needed. First of all, there's not enough hp to have traction / control issues on the line, and 2) street tires don't respond to heat with additional traction like drag racing tires do.

7milesout
    If you know what you're doing you don't need a parking brake. Drop the clutch and quickly get on the brake with your left foot. Keep gas mashed.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    For those who haven't seen this already...5speed Mirage can Tokyo drift really good. This isn't bs look.....
    https://youtu.be/-5a1RhJwnM8

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post

7milesout
    When are we doing this 7mile?