Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage value increasing! (Used Mirage prices up $2k+ in last year)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Agreed. Any politician should have to pass an IQ test with above average intelligence to be able to serve. I believe over half of our current politicians would have to step down.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

We had that here too. It was a joke. Mine of the vins were flagged on the cars we bought when I was at the wrecker. Paid $25 for a loaded Duramax crewcab 4x4, I drove it for 6 months then sold it. Drove a handful of other cars we got from that program too. Had a loaded 04 envoy for a while, 95 grand Cherokee v8 with only 50,000kms, had the original tires and windshield in it.
    They ran a similar program for lawn mowers about 8 years ago, hole depot called us up to pick up and destroy the trades in stuff. Got some decent mowers and even a couple chain saws out of that deal. Even sold some lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Let's keep the political chatter out of here. Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-28-2021),inuvik (05-28-2021)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Personally I was very happy with $9,400 that Carmax bought my '17 for considering I paid $9,600 for it new in 2017. But yeah, the prices are definitely going up.

I am wondering what happened to my car, however. Carmax has not relisted it in over a month. My guess is they're either holding onto it until prices max or someone at the dealer bought it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Personally I was very happy with $9,400 that Carmax bought my '17 for considering I paid $9,600 for it new in 2017. But yeah, the prices are definitely going up.

I am wondering what happened to my car, however. Carmax has not relisted it in over a month. My guess is they're either holding onto it until prices max or someone at the dealer bought it.
    Amazing! And yeah, you're probably right about your car. Either scenario is possible.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'm having to put off helping my Mom with a car until these prices come down. I hope it won't be longer than 6 months. My wife and I are still deciding what to do. My original plan was to give my Mom my 2014 hatch and I get a used Prius around 100k miles with my wife keeping her G4. Well that turned into our 1st real fight after being together 6 years. So I take over the G4 and the ole ball n chain gets the Prius.

First fight is over Prius vs. Mirage! That's probably a good sign.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk, wasn't it your G4 that's a manual and the hatch a CVT? Keep whichever is the manual and sell the CVT. I can't remember though, maybe they were both a CVT...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk, wasn't it your G4 that's a manual and the hatch a CVT? Keep whichever is the manual and sell the CVT. I can't remember though, maybe they were both a CVT...
    They're both CVT lol. My manual days are behind me. Its been 20 years since I've had one. Believe it or not, you get used to the jankiness of the CVT7. I can anticipate how much throttle to keep it smooth most of the time and the high and low gears do ok.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm having to put off helping my Mom with a car until these prices come down. I hope it won't be longer than 6 months. My wife and I are still deciding what to do. My original plan was to give my Mom my 2014 hatch and I get a used Prius around 100k miles with my wife keeping her G4. Well that turned into our 1st real fight after being together 6 years. So I take over the G4 and the ole ball n chain gets the Prius.
    Does your mom know about all this? Is she cool with driving a small car like a Mirage?