Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage value increasing! (Used Mirage prices up $2k+ in last year)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by davidricardo86 View Post
    This helps with what I've been seeing over the last year in the used car market when I was shopping for my Mirage.

Back around October 2020 I was looking at stick shift 2017 SE's. I would easily find them for $7k-$9k and I regret not pulling the trigger on one because I was more concerned about the lowest monthly payment possible. So i settled on my $5k 2015 DE, and while I'm happy with the $112 monthly payment, I would now pay a little more to have a fully-loaded stick 17 SE. I want all the creature comforts and bells and whistles.

Nowadays a stick shift 2017 SE is going for $11k-$13K!!! Pure insanity! I would trade my 2015 DE in a heartbeat but not at these prices!
    High optioned sticks always end up being the most valuable version of a car because they're the ones made in the lowest quanity. Its why I didnt even hesitate to just buy the 17 SE manual when I saw it.

You can always add more luxury though.

Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    High optioned sticks always end up being the most valuable version of a car because they're the ones made in the lowest quanity. Its why I didnt even hesitate to just buy the 17 SE manual when I saw it.

You can always add more luxury though.
    Did you buy your 17 SE manual new or used? When did you buy it? What was the advertised price?

Party's over

Thinking of flipping your Mirage for a tidy profit? Better hurry!

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2022-11-11_094637_www.theglobeandmail.com.png
Views: 220
Size:  44.3 KB

---

Note: this doesn't mean prices are falling significantly yet - the graph shows only that the insane rate of percentage price increases appears to be over.

I could have easily flipped mine for 2x what I have in it. Maybe even 3x.

But then I'd have to wait for sanity to return to pricing, go on another hunt for my dream car, and I just don't feel like it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I'm still thrilled we got 100% of our $ back after 3 years and 50k miles regarding my wife's 2017 G4. $10K from Carmax. We applied that to her $20K BE trim. She essentially got a high trim Mirage 2022 G4 for $10k, all during the absolute worse time to buy a car in the history of automobiles.

Also this guy "Jody Brouchon" is claiming he got a brand new 2021 Mirage last year from White Bear for $13k and that they've made changes under the hood. Complete bull****. Someone correct this guy. I'm all about spreading the good word about our beloved Mirages but this guy is posting straight bs.

https://youtu.be/peZ8AQsZabI

Should find him under newest comments.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Name:  Screenshot_20221111-103641_YouTube.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  100.7 KB

Is this correct?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Thinking of flipping your Mirage for a tidy profit? Better hurry!

Note: this doesn't mean prices are falling significantly yet - the graph shows only that the insane rate of percentage price increases appears to be over.

I could have easily flipped mine for 2x what I have in it. Maybe even 3x.

But then I'd have to wait for sanity to return to pricing, go on another hunt for my dream car, and I just don't feel like it.

I don't see the point of flipping a vehicle for twice the amount paid if buying a replacement is going to also cost you twice the amount. If you don't really need the vehicle, dumping it when prices were high would be wise.

When I look at the math -

A 2018 Mirage ES manual (60,000 miles) on craigslist near me is listed for $11,797 ($12,446 after my local sales tax).

My 2017 Mirage ES manual (72,000+ miles) was approximately $10,154 OTD when new. My car is not a car you are going to flip for twice that amount, & replacing it with something similar (age/mileage) would cost me just as much or more used today.

A Chrysler dealership 130 miles away has a 2017 SE manual (one year wonder) with 72,000 miles for $9895 ($10,439 with sales tax). In my mind, that's still a lot of money for a 5 year old Mirage.

Now that Mitsubishi is dropping the manual option, I would never buy a new one. If I had to replace my current Mirage, I would be looking at used ones for under $10,000. Currently low mileage Mirage manuals are still priced higher than I would be willing to pay for one. That just makes me just appreciate what I already have. My hope is to go another 10 years before buying another vehicle, & that's why I bought a discounted Mirage 5 years ago.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm still thrilled we got 100% of our $ back after 3 years and 50k miles regarding my wife's 2017 G4. $10K from Carmax. We applied that to her $20K BE trim. She essentially got a high trim Mirage 2022 G4 for $10k, all during the absolute worse time to buy a car in the history of automobiles.

Also this guy "Jody Brouchon" is claiming he got a brand new 2021 Mirage last year from White Bear for $13k and that they've made changes under the hood. Complete bull****. Someone correct this guy. I'm all about spreading the good word about our beloved Mirages but this guy is posting straight bs.

This guy (clip about purchase attached) bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $10,400 OTD for his wife, and White Bear delivered it to his home in North Carolina for that price. So it was possible the $13,000 price happened in early 2021.

Granted his $10,400 OTD price probably reflects a loyalty rebate (because he already had a 2018 Mirage) & military rebate. I know for a fact that I could have bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for well under $11,000 OTD in early 2021 @ White Bear. That price would have reflected the loyalty rebate included. That OTD price would have included their lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty for no extra charge. Not all Mitsubishi dealerships are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKrYAVx9eQ&t=230s
    Last edited by Mark; 11-11-2022 at 03:21 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

The camshaft(s)changed in 2017 and rated hp did as well iirc. As for gearing change. I doubt it. I saw a comment the other day where someone claimed that that pink white bear unicorn 2014 Mirage had over a million miles on it when it was actually 414 or so. It’s the internet….
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-11-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    This guy (clip about purchase attached) bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for $10,400 OTD for his wife, and White Bear delivered it to his home in North Carolina for that price. So it was possible the $13,000 price happened in early 2021.

Granted his $10,400 OTD price probably reflects a loyalty rebate (because he already had a 2018 Mirage) & military rebate. I know for a fact that I could have bought a brand new 2021 Mirage ES manual for well under $11,000 OTD in early 2021 @ White Bear. That price would have reflected the loyalty rebate included. That OTD price would have included their lifetime/unlimited mileage powertrain warranty for no extra charge. Not all Mitsubishi dealerships are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKrYAVx9eQ&t=230s
    I asked the dude if it was a manual Mirage and what discounts he got. Never got a reply back as of yet. I just find it hard to believe White Bear would sell a CVT Mirage brand new with discounts in 2021, the worse year to buy a car, unless I'm wrong and 2022 was? It just seemed liked bs to me but I could be wrong.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The camshaft(s)changed in 2017 and rated hp did as well iirc. As for gearing change. I doubt it. I saw a comment the other day where someone claimed that that pink white bear unicorn 2014 Mirage had over a million miles on it when it was actually 414 or so. It’s the internet….
    Yeah that's about what I thought. I never did hear back from Richard from White Bear, if it was the original CVT. I also got a generic "thank you for you're interest" letter from Mitsubishi Motors North America, when I wrote them a couple of years back about all the real world data you were posting about your fleet. I'm shocked they didn't reach out on here. That's some mighty fine PR if you ask me. Maybe that's why their Nissan's economy brand now lol.