Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Mirage value increasing! (Used Mirage prices up $2k+ in last year)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I share some of the same concerns for our Allies. My oldest daughter lives in a country that borders Russia (Finland).
    Putin will pull the temple down on all our heads before he loses face. It'll take a brave colonel or someone close to assassinate him. Back when the CIA was about intelligence, instead of just "force projection" we'd have had multiple spies in the Kremlin like we did in the 80s during the Soviet area. Someone close enough to get Putin's schedule. If ever Russia needs another coup like 1917, it's now or never. There's no way Putin is going to give up the annexed territory or Crimea IMO.

As far as Finland goes, they've proven they can handle Russians during their "Winter War" preceding WWII. I wouldn't worry to much about that Mark unless course WWIII happens. Jesus, crazy isn't it? It's like "Dr. Strangelove" except it's not so funny now. How long do you think WWIII would last? 24 hours? 48? It'll be the shortest war in the history of civilization with no winners.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Putin will pull the temple down on all our heads before he loses face. ..

As far as Finland goes, they've proven they can handle Russians during their "Winter War" preceding WWII. I wouldn't worry to much about that Mark unless course WWIII happens. Jesus, crazy isn't it? It's like "Dr. Strangelove" except it's not so funny now. How long do you think WWIII would last? 24 hours? 48? It'll be the shortest war in the history of civilization with no winners.
    Sorry to see the same rhetoric and exactly the same methods again as 80 years ago with that jerk with the funny moustache. Adolf Putin said the EU and in particular the Baltic countries were next. That would be a nuclear WWIII

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Sorry to see the same rhetoric and exactly the same methods again as 80 years ago with that jerk with the funny moustache. Adolf Putin said the EU and in particular the Baltic countries were next. That would be a nuclear WWIII
    Is Germany's Army/Air Force in any kind of fighting shape these days? Maybe the French could help out, but we all know they haven't fought well since Napoleon lol.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Is Germany's Army/Air Force in any kind of fighting shape these days? Maybe the French could help out, but we all know they haven't fought well since Napoleon lol.
    I really don't know.
    Napoleon depopulated vast areas. Almost everthing west of the Rhine and further east up to today's Czeck border was inihilated, and that repeatedly. So much for Napoleon, period.

Where I live the sky is full of Galaxy transporters, fighters and other freight planes flying over my home. This place is near to the border of the largest wooded reserve in continental Europe, and you can't go hiking anywhere without deafening noise of aircraft, USAF and NATO. Many miles away from the next settlement, deep in the woods, there seems to be very little room in the air left.
    When I went to Zagan / Poland, there were an incredible amount of tanks, little Abrams and the bigger ones, hundreds or maybe even thousands, and I doubt they are there just for free parking.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-17-2022)

Australia wins

What's that old investment advice... "Buy low, drive for six years, sell high?"

...The Mitsubishi Mirage [is] selling for 17 per cent more than new for a five to seven-year-old vehicle – as the prices of Australia's cheapest new cars continue to increase, with just one new model left priced less than $20,000 drive-away.
    Note: that's not 17% above last year's numbers or last month's, but 17% above the car's price when new.

That's from November 2023 sales stats.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/most-p...ustralia-2023/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BigMW (12-14-2023),inuvik (12-14-2023)