Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mirage value increasing! (Used Mirage prices up $2k+ in last year)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I asked the dude if it was a manual Mirage and what discounts he got. Never got a reply back as of yet. I just find it hard to believe White Bear would sell a CVT Mirage brand new with discounts in 2021, the worse year to buy a car, unless I'm wrong and 2022 was? It just seemed liked bs to me but I could be wrong.
    White Bear was selling 2021 Mirage ES manuals for $10,999, & that was the price for everyone. If you qualified for discounts like VIP or military rebates, you could have bought one for $9,999. CVT might add $1,200 to that price for the ES trim level. This pricing was available from January to April of last year.

If you don't believe me, look at the first 7 posts of a thread started by Top Fuel. The price started to change drastically in May of last year.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...g-2021-Mirages

A person could have very easily bought a Mirage ES manual or CVT for $13,000 at White Bear last year. If anything, I think that price is a bit high during the first 4 months of last year.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (11-11-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    White Bear was selling 2021 Mirage ES manuals for $10,999, & that was the price for everyone. If you qualified for discounts like VIP or military rebates, you could have bought one for $9,999. CVT might add $1,200 to that price for the ES trim level. This pricing was available from January to April of last year.

If you don't believe me, look at the first 7 posts of a thread started by Top Fuel. The price started to change drastically in May of last year.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...g-2021-Mirages

A person could have very easily bought a Mirage ES manual or CVT for $13,000 at White Bear last year. If anything, I think that price is a bit high during the first 4 months of last year.
    Well good to know May was the month. Yeeesh if only I hadn't wrecked my Mirage in December!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well good to know May was the month. Yeeesh if only I hadn't wrecked my Mirage in December!
    Yeah, the timing of your wreck wasn't good as far as that goes. Then again, prices may never drop that low again either. It is what it is. I think the days of highly discounted new Mirages are gone, but highly discounted prices were somewhat there on & off from the summer of 2017 to about April of 2021. I can't say I know much about Mirage pricing prior to 2017, however.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Thought i'd chime in here, might not have much to do with how things are looking outside my country, but the Mirage (Space star over here) has jumped in price twice now.

I ordered mine when she was at 79,900 NIS

the next day she jumped up to 83,900 NIS
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-11-07 at 11.12.50.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  94.2 KB

Yesterday, another jump, up to 88,900 NIS
    Name:  WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 09.27.47.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  94.1 KB

And that's for the regular trim level without anything!

it's crazy how quickly her price sky-rocketed, the car sitution here is pretty bad, new cars are few and far between, most people need to wait in line for a few good months to get a new car.

the 2022 Space Star arrived in Israel recently, so I can only assume they were bought out like hot cakes and so Mitsu-Israel raised the price like that.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trixie_I For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-12-2022),MetroMPG (11-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    What's that in American dollars?

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    That's around 26,000$

Do keep in mind prices in Israel are extremely high, so it's not like this car specifically is overpriced right now, all cars are.
    Heck, everything in general is way more expensive here than the US.

Which is why I even went for the Space Star in the first place, other cars are stupid expensive.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trixie_I For This Useful Post:

inuvik (11-12-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_I View Post
    That's around 26,000$

Do keep in mind prices in Israel are extremely high, so it's not like this car specifically is overpriced right now, all cars are.
    Heck, everything in general is way more expensive here than the US.

Which is why I even went for the Space Star in the first place, other cars are stupid expensive.
    Are people paid more over there? Usually in expensive states like New York or California, pay is more to make up for the cost of living but it can still be a struggle. Cheaper cost of living states like Georgia or Alabama, are popular moving destinations but with lower taxes, you get the usual underperforming public schools and crappy public transportation. The roads can be hit or miss. They're not terrible in Georgia, but in South Carolina, yeeesh! Their highways are abysmal. At least colder states have the excuse of salt brine solutions destroying roads to prevent ice build up.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Hard to say, my economics knowledge is very limited regarding how one would expect it to look.

I know that most jobs in Tel-Aviv pay more than other cities due to the extremely high apartment/rent prices, it's difficult to live in Tel-Aviv unless you have a pretty solid position somewhere that pays at least 10,000 NIS, that's also more or less the average Israeli salary these days, that's around 3,000$ per month.

as an HVAC technician, I was paid around 7,500 NIS but I also had a car with "paz-o-mat" meaning I could refuel the car using company funds and not out of my pocket since it's a work car.

As a tier 1 SOC Analyst, which is the lowest position in Cybersecurity, I'm getting around 10,000 NIS per month, but I no longer have a car, which is why I ordered the Space Star now.

So I'm only now in life starting to work at a "good" job so to say, best job I've ever had so far in life, but not like I worked in many places before that, I started working in a Warehouse after my 3 years mandatory service in the IDF, I was paid around 6,000 NIS, which is the minimum salary in Israel, was treated like trash and had 0 benefits.
    Then I went to HVAC school, got myself professionally certified, which allowed me to get a job where I wasn't treated like trash anymore, pay was slightly better and I had a car, which was great.
    But then I had my surgery due to developing a hernia and I said screw that and spent all my savings to do 2 bootcamps back to back, pretty much went broke, but it paid off, I managed to get a job in the so called "Israeli High-Tech" industry, which is a very closed off bubble, it's like a wet dream for a lot of people here to get a job like this because you get crazy good benefits and the salary jumps like crazy every year.

Anyway, I went on quite a ramble.

Bottom line is, cost of living is pretty high right now in Israel, prices have been going up, general cost of living has been going up for a few years now, it's becoming a problem here.

I'm just thankful I have this job at all.

Hopefully that sort of gives you an idea on the situation here.
    Last edited by Trixie_I; 11-12-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie_I View Post
    Hard to say, my economics knowledge is very limited regarding how one would expect it to look.

I know that most jobs in Tel-Aviv pay more than other cities due to the extremely high apartment/rent prices, it's difficult to live in Tel-Aviv unless you have a pretty solid position somewhere that pays at least 10,000 NIS, that's also more or less the average Israeli salary these days, that's around 3,000$ per month.

as an HVAC technician, I was paid around 7,500 NIS but I also had a car with "paz-o-mat" meaning I could refuel the car using company funds and not out of my pocket since it's a work car.

As a tier 1 SOC Analyst, which is the lowest position in Cybersecurity, I'm getting around 10,000 NIS per month, but I no longer have a car, which is why I ordered the Space Star now.

So I'm only now in life starting to work at a "good" job so to say, best job I've ever had so far in life, but not like I worked in many places before that, I started working in a Warehouse after my 3 years mandatory service in the IDF, I was paid around 6,000 NIS, which is the minimum salary in Israel, was treated like trash and had 0 benefits.
    Then I went to HVAC school, got myself professionally certified, which allowed me to get a job where I wasn't treated like trash anymore, pay was slightly better and I had a car, which was great.
    But then I had my surgery due to developing a hernia and I said screw that and spent all my savings to do 2 bootcamps back to back, pretty much went broke, but it paid off, I managed to get a job in the so called "Israeli High-Tech" industry, which is a very closed off bubble, it's like a wet dream for a lot of people here to get a job like this because you get crazy good benefits and the salary jumps like crazy every year.

Anyway, I went on quite a ramble.

Bottom line is, cost of living is pretty high right now in Israel, prices have been going up, general cost of living has been going up for a few years now, it's becoming a problem here.

I'm just thankful I have this job at all.

Hopefully that sort of gives you an idea on the situation here.
    Sounds like the entire 1st world nations all are having the same issues.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Much the same in the EU.
    Bought mine in 2014 for €8000 as the stripped naked model, but including central locking, A/C and radio with 4 speakers.
    Today the cheapest is €10380 but without A/C and without radio or speakers, and without central locking. Truly naked.
    The next model is at €11680 with A/C and radio.
    The top model is €17180
    See:
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.de/space-star

The cost of basic living has certainly gone up after Adolf Putin attacked our democratic back yard. Energy (electricity, gas) has skyrocketed almost ten-fold, factory products up 40%. Folks with normal wages can't pay for electricity or heating any more. The basic items everybody needs have become much more expensive, but luxury stuff not. Therefore, those that have always had a hard time struggling, are hit much harder than the those that have never really needed to struggle. In the UK the impact is especially dramatic, with brexit adding to the difficulties of that economically split country with almost all either very poor or very rich.
    In the EU combustion engines are being phased out. The electric alternative is out of reach of almost all people, so poverty levels are rapidly rising.
    The movie Modern Times with Charlie Chaplin is almost a hundred years old, but acurately describes most of our lives today.