Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Picking up my $800 Honda Fit 5-speed beater this weekend

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Honda Fit has magic seats. Yes, that's what they call them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwU1wKm3QUo

Honda knows how to make rear seats. Mitsubishi not so much!
    The magic seats demonstration video is interesting, the 4 configurations. I'm not sure if anyone would ever use the Refresh Mode or whatever, making the car a 2 seater lazboy chair with a roof. Seems more gimmick than useful. Overall though, the configurations would be handy. At least you can mold your cargo area to the cargo, and not other way around, and struggle.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The magic seats demonstration video is interesting, the 4 configurations. I'm not sure if anyone would ever use the Refresh Mode or whatever, making the car a 2 seater lazboy chair with a roof. Seems more gimmick than useful. Overall though, the configurations would be handy. At least you can mold your cargo area to the cargo, and not other way around, and struggle.

Except for MPG, its a superior vehicle to the Mirage. The magic seats are really ingenious. Only pain is changing headlight bulbs; you have to go in through the wheel well, at least on the left.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Rear seats that fold flat and front seats that recline all the way down with the headrests removed is 'magic'? Boy, that is some kinda marketing!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Bedazzlement is an eye of the beholder sort of thing. A pet rock can do wonders when that's all you got.

I'm still getting over the excitement of having a USB drive in my Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Rear seats that fold flat and front seats that recline all the way down with the headrests removed is 'magic'? Boy, that is some kinda marketing!

Its more the rear seats, the different configurations you can use, and the ease of which it happens. The reared do more than "fold flat". If you haven't used them you wouldn't understand. It's classic Honda engineering that nobody thought of before them. A rear seat back that folds almost flat (like the Mirage) still works, just not as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Bedazzlement is an eye of the beholder sort of thing. A pet rock can do wonders when that's all you got.

I'm still getting over the excitement of having a USB drive in my Mirage.
    Agreement. Including USB.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I think it's excellent marketing! It's may be the number one reason people buy hatchbacks & small wagons. It's why I buy them at least!

I've owned all hatchbacks, small wagon, & SUVs. They all had rear seats that folded in a manner that left a relatively flat surface to haul stuff, except the Mirage.

I honestly find the rear seats of the Mirage to be quite lame. It's not a reason to not buy the car, but I've never seen such a poor design for a hatchback.

Starting with my first vehicle (1978 Honda Civic Wagon), they (Isuzu Trooper, Ford Festiva, Plymouth Colt Wagon, VW Golf, Ford Explorer, Honda CR-V, & Subaru Forester) all had rear seats that folded down quite flat or could flipped forward out of the way.

I've never owned any vehicle that didn't allow you to create a relatively flat space in the rear until my Mirage. I find a Mirage to be quite odd in that way actually. One of the reasons people like hatchbacks, wagon, mini-vans, & SUVs is the ability to haul gear in the back.

If someone asked me about the rear seats of a Mirage, I would say they SUCK compared to anything else I have ever owned!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-29-2021),MetroMPG (05-29-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The flat rear seats on the older Mirages like mine are handy to have, being completely flat like a bench.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    The flat rear seats on the older Mirages like mine are handy to have, being completely flat like a bench.
    Older Mirage? Your rear seats are no different than a 2017+ Mirage rear seats.

When you flip the rear seat backs down, it does not create a flat space like any other hatchbacks, wagons, or SUVs I have ever owned. A large dog would find it uncomfortable back there.

As far as rear seat for passengers, they are perfectly fine. The one & only time I had a passenger in the back, they didn't complain about the 10 mile trip. That was 3 years ago, and I haven't had a passenger in the back since (disregarding dogs).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-29-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Older Mirage? Your rear seats are no different than a 2017+ Mirage rear seats.

When you flip the rear seat backs down, it does not create a flat space like any other hatchbacks, wagons, or SUVs I have ever owned. A large dog would find it uncomfortable back there.

As far as rear seat for passengers, they are perfectly fine. The one & only time I had a passenger in the back, they didn't complain about the 10 mile trip. That was 3 years ago, and I haven't had a passenger in the back since (disregarding dogs).
    I know what you're saying for sure. What I'm trying to say is that a flat bench is, in itself, handy. Even though critics online have criticized the bench, for seeming to be cheap looking or lacklustre. I guess most sedans can check off the same thing, simply with having a back seat lol.

Hopefully MetroMPG posts some interior pics later. So we can see what his new Fit hatchback can do back there.