Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Corrosion on 1 spark plug, other 2 find. Need thoughts/advice

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The more I think about it the more the mpg is just a result of my lead foot, cheap tires at 35psi, heavier alloys, doing 75 mph on the hwy, lots of short trips, etc. The G4 gets similar but slightly better mpg. This might be all on me.
    What kinda mileage are you getting

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

In past vehicles, I noticed ignition wire issues during damp weather.

If Dirk's not happy with his Mirage's mpg, he may want to buy his used Prius sooner rather than later!
    Same here, the 91-93 B2200's we had wouldn't start if there was a rain cloud in the distance. Any humidity in the air and the slightest bit of corrosion on the distributor cap would prevent them from starting after sitting overnight.

Dirk runs higher speeds than I do in mine. My economy just keeps getting better in my Mirage. Keeping under 55mph helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What kinda mileage are you getting
    It fluctuates between 25 to 35mpg. My commute is stop n go lights for 10mins, then doing 70-75mph for 20 mins. I'm usually @ 3200 rpms. This is all for 2014 hatch too. If I do 45mph on an alternate route I get about 39mpg.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I also dont think my mpg indicator is accurate at all. Its always way off from manually checking it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I making a pot roast for him for the help. I wish you weren't so far away bro, I'd make you my famous 5 onion pot roast. Its got garlic, shallot, white onion, dehydrated onion, and leeks. Plus carrot, celery, and red potato. Come on down to Hotlanta!
    This sounds good and I'll bet it would go great with some smoked Slovenian sausage (am having some with supper tonight.) Can you post your recipe?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This sounds good and I'll bet it would go great with some smoked Slovenian sausage (am having some with supper tonight.) Can you post your recipe?
    Croc pot
    10 hrs on low
    Rub cracked peppercorns, kosher salt, and Montreal steak seasoning on chuck roast
    Sear chuck roast 1st on a cast iron skillet, get a nice bark
    Toss in crocpot with 1 diced white onion, 1 diced scallion, leeks, carrot, celery, minced garlic, a few red potatoes, 1 packet of Liptons beef onion soup mix, a cup of any bean for a thickening agent, 5 cups of mushroom broth. That's it.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-29-2021),Fummins (05-29-2021),Pryme (05-29-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well I did my usual commute minus the hwy and I'm getting good mpg around 37 city but the minute I'm on the hwy doing 75mph I'm back to 25 to 30 mpg. My wife's G4 gets 35mpg doing the same speed. So the spark plugs didn't help with that. Power feels like its increased a touch and the start up sounds good so there's that. I'm not putting any more $ into this car besides oil changes, cvt fluid changes, and brakes. I think the engine will last over 200k miles with the amount of abuse the 3A92 can take even with that weird corrosion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I did my usual commute minus the hwy and I'm getting good mpg around 37 city but the minute I'm on the hwy doing 75mph I'm back to 25 to 30 mpg. My wife's G4 gets 35mpg doing the same speed. So the spark plugs didn't help with that. Power feels like its increased a touch and the start up sounds good so there's that. I'm not putting any more $ into this car besides oil changes, cvt fluid changes, and brakes. I think the engine will last over 200k miles with the amount of abuse the 3A92 can take even with that weird corrosion.

Have you ever run a bottle of Techron thru a tank of gas yet? Couldn't hurt. Once a year is plenty. May help, may not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    What kind of gasoline do you usually buy?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I wouldn't expect 45mpg doing 75mph. Especially with heavier wheels and taller heavier tires. Though 25mpg seems awfully low unless you floor it constantly.
    I'm getting noticeably better economy in the black car running stock tires than I did in the white car running taller 175 winter tires year-round.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)