Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Corrosion on 1 spark plug, other 2 find. Need thoughts/advice

I'm beginning to thing that corrosion is caused by aliens.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-02-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Dirk - Just tell them you're an undocumented worker and that you identify as the opposite gender to what you appear to be, and you won't have to worry about declaring bankruptcy either. Just saying ... for a friend.
    I love ya 7miles but we couldn't be more opposite when it comes to healthcare. Having the ability to see a physician shouldn't be tied up in what you do for living. All honest work deserves respect and I don't care where one works, if your full time you deserve affordable healthcare coverage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm beginning to thing that corrosion is caused by aliens.
    Well I got my highest mpg I've ever seen today on the highway, 42mpg! These plugs are making a difference.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I love ya 7miles but we couldn't be more opposite when it comes to healthcare. Having the ability to see a physician shouldn't be tied up in what you do for living. All honest work deserves respect and I don't care where one works, if your full time you deserve affordable healthcare coverage.
    Oh I agree, and we're brothers, so we can disagree without strangling each other. I can guarantee that I pay MORE for medical coverage (premiums, deductibles, etc), than the same family of 5 pays who live in or near poverty, with or without Obama care, all care being equal (meaning same sicknesses or injuries to deal with). Gauranteed. Both total (of course), and by percentage. Is that fair, simply because I can afford to do so? I don't think so. But life isn't guaranteed to be fair, so I don't dwell on it. I'm not going to reply anything else about it so's not to totally screw up this thread. Back to the topics at hand.

The fact that corrosion was green makes it plausible that it could be alien related. I hope your friend can analyze and tell what it is ... would be very interesting. And could be VERY VALUABLE to the crowd here, as preventative information. One of 2 scenarios. Something leaked in from the back side due to damage, cracking, etc. But I think you said the boots were in good shape. Or, something (air/fuel or blow-by) were forced up and under the boot from the front side ... would have had to get pushed past the threads of the spark plug. I could only see that if the spark plug weren't torqued correctly. I wouldn't put it past a dealership tech to have missed torqueing down a spark plug.

You must have put a couple windows down and turned the A/C off to hit 42. That's a good number in any event, being manual, cvt, highway, whatever. I went down to Summit Racing in McDonough this evening for Scamp goodies. It was the MOST ENJOYABLE ride home with the left 2 windows down. I achieved 53.5 mpg on the display, which I figure to be 49.4 mpg realistically. I figure 54.4 on the display is 50 mpg. No hypermiling, just somewhat slow and steady driving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Oh I agree, and we're brothers, so we can disagree without strangling each other. I can guarantee that I pay MORE for medical coverage (premiums, deductibles, etc), than the same family of 5 pays who live in or near poverty, with or without Obama care, all care being equal (meaning same sicknesses or injuries to deal with). Gauranteed. Both total (of course), and by percentage. Is that fair, simply because I can afford to do so? I don't think so. But life isn't guaranteed to be fair, so I don't dwell on it. I'm not going to reply anything else about it so's not to totally screw up this thread. Back to the topics at hand.

The fact that corrosion was green makes it plausible that it could be alien related. I hope your friend can analyze and tell what it is ... would be very interesting. And could be VERY VALUABLE to the crowd here, as preventative information. One of 2 scenarios. Something leaked in from the back side due to damage, cracking, etc. But I think you said the boots were in good shape. Or, something (air/fuel or blow-by) were forced up and under the boot from the front side ... would have had to get pushed past the threads of the spark plug. I could only see that if the spark plug weren't torqued correctly. I wouldn't put it past a dealership tech to have missed torqueing down a spark plug.

You must have put a couple windows down and turned the A/C off to hit 42. That's a good number in any event, being manual, cvt, highway, whatever. I went down to Summit Racing in McDonough this evening for Scamp goodies. It was the MOST ENJOYABLE ride home with the left 2 windows down. I achieved 53.5 mpg on the display, which I figure to be 49.4 mpg realistically. I figure 54.4 on the display is 50 mpg. No hypermiling, just somewhat slow and steady driving.
    I didn't do anything special really. Still hauling some serious ass doing 80mph tonight up I75 and still managed a respectable 38mpg. These plugs have a made a noticeable difference in power and fuel economy. They brought my engine back up to factory spec IMO. I was driving around for 2 years with a bad plug not knowing, unbelievably stupid on my end. My mech friend suggested re-checking the plug in a couple months or so to see if corrosion has set in but he highly doubts it.