Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage ES base model - Can I add cruise control?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Base model Mirages in Canada still don't cruise control so their's still some hope. You can't even buy a 5 speed Mirage with cruise in Canada anymore. I assume if you have working radio controls then the clockspring would also have the cruise wires in there too.
    Are the cruise buttons from a 2021-2022 the same part number as a 2019?
    I´m not sure if it is the same part number? I try it with an rotary potentiometer too and check if it another resitor to activate it.

Greetings from Bavaria

Country
    Spain
    Thanks
    Well, mine has cruise control as standard, but I hardly use it. I didn't want to buy the automatic transmission model either. Maybe because I'm too old, but I prefer to change the gears myself, and regulate the speed myself. Some of the company's cars are automatic and it is true that they are comfortable to drive, but I think you lose sensations. Romantic that one is.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Hey Pablo - If I drive 5 feet, I use the cruise control for at least 4 feet of it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-02-2022),Pablo (02-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Maybe because I'm too old, but I prefer to change the gears myself, and regulate the speed myself. Some of the company's cars are automatic and it is true that they are comfortable to drive, but I think you lose sensations. Romantic that one is.
    You lose sensations from all the tucking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pablo (02-09-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Stopped by the dealer today in Kanata - Donnelly Mits.
    The service manager (guessing by his age and the way he spoke) said that "Mitsubishi locks out any programming of the ECU for cruise on the base model Mirage".
    My guess is, this ain't the first time he's been asked about it for the 2021 base models and newer.
    The search for info continues. The shop that installed my audio system said they'd be able to install the Deox kit if I brought them the parts needed, since he doesn't have a listing from Rostra. But, now I'm not sure if the programming can be done............

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    The service manager (guessing by his age and the way he spoke) said that "Mitsubishi locks out any programming of the ECU for cruise on the base model Mirage".
    My guess is, this ain't the first time he's been asked about it for the 2021 base models and newer.
    The search for info continues. The shop that installed my audio system said they'd be able to install the Deox kit if I brought them the parts needed, since he doesn't have a listing from Rostra. But, now I'm not sure if the programming can be done............
    My wife had Rostra CC installed on her 2017 G4 ES CVT Mirage by an audio shop. If you live in a flat area its fine, otherwise it's terribly jarring and no where near as smooth as the OEM CC in my 2021 ES CVT.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

strawboss (07-03-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by 88coltturbo View Post
    If you have bluetooth controls then there's a good chance you have all the wiring there already to just plug in the oem switches. All of our older es-plus models came like that.
    Don't believe anything the dealer tells you. Many don't know wtf they're talking about.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

88coltturbo (04-08-2022),strawboss (07-03-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Many don't know wtf they're talking about.
    No no, you're WAAAAAY off on that. MOST don't know what they're talking about.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    No no, you're WAAAAAY off on that. MOST don't know what they're talking about.
    I was trying to be optimistic.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Installed the switch today - wiring was already there behind the blank switch panel. Now, it looks like all that's needed is the ECU to be told what to do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-04-2022),inuvik (07-02-2022)