Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage ES base model - Can I add cruise control?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Question 2021 Mirage ES base model - Can I add cruise control?

I am really close to buying a new 2021 mirage ES base model with a manual transmission ( Canada). There is only 1 option that I want, and that option is cruise control.

Is it possible for me to add cruise to a 2021 ??? aftermarket? factory parts???

I cant find any info on google.

thanks in advance

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzblaster View Post
    I am really close to buying a new 2021 mirage ES base model with a manual transmission ( Canada). There is only 1 option that I want, and that option is cruise control.

thanks in advance
    Hello buzzblaster and welcome to the forum.

Several forum members have added (enabled, really) factory cruise control. Not many reports of doing this on a 2021 though as it comes standard in the States. You might be the first on the forum to do this. Ask your dealer what they would charge to enable this. Some switches might have to be added but it should be no big (expensive) deal to do.

Have you taken one for a test drive yet? Of course we like 'em and are thus biased in our opinions.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzblaster View Post

thanks in advance
    Like Eggman already said, some who are capable of doing so have added a few basic parts & activated the cruise control feature. Others have added an aftermarket cruise control system. Rostra seems to be the most popular below -

https://shop.redline360.com/products...RoCavcQAvD_BwE

You probably won't find a cruise control kit for recent Mirages in the States, because it became standard on all of them in 2019. I would think any 2017-18 aftermarket Mirage cruise control kit would work on a later model. I would ask your dealer about it. My dealer wanted about $600 to add cruise to my Mirage, & they were just installing an aftermarket Rostra kit. I didn't have it done, but it was surely an option.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-30-2021 at 12:48 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-01-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've activated the CC on a 2015 CVT. I found that my car had the wiring already, I had to buy the keypad to fit the steering wheel online.
    I contacted Mitsubishi about buying the keypad from them but they would only sell it with the leather wrapped steering wheel attached....
    I bought a MUTIII clone online to reflash the onboard computer as the dealer wouldn't work on it/reflash it with my keypad fitted, they asked me "does it come with instructions?" There was a russian website that was helpful to me, but I also had an old laptop that still ran win98 and that is handy too.
    All of this is if you want the OEM look, if this isn't important you can get an aftermarket kit, it would probably be easier.
    In your case the manual transmission will need a switch mounted on the clutch pedal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-05-2024),MetroMPG (06-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Doax has an excellent thread explaining how to add cruise control to a Mirage using one of his devices. Even if you want to use the factory switches instead of his device, this is still an excellent starting point to give you an idea of what's involved...

DIY: Installing a Daox cruise control kit and enabling in ETACs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-01-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Even if you want to use the factory switches instead of his device
    Just double check your steering wheel cable for cruise actually does something because to my surprise mine didn't even function (luckily I tested it before buying a switch) even though it seemingly was connected to the clock spring ect and had to go into the back of the connector like talked about in the later stages of that thread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    I thought the ES now came factory with CC? Mine did. Maybe that's just in the states? Not up in the Great White North?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

No, Mitsubishi decided to offer different trim levels that have different options for every country it seems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I thought the ES now came factory with CC? Mine did. Maybe that's just in the states? Not up in the Great White North?
    Cruise control became standard in all trim levels in 2019 (States).

The 2014-15 DE & 2017-18 ES do not come with factory cruise control in the U.S.

My 2017 ES doesn't have any buttons on the steering wheel. A 2018 would have Bluetooth buttons on the steering wheel, because that became standard along with the mandatory backup cameras.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    You Canucks got ripped on this one unfortunately...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)