Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage ES base model - Can I add cruise control?

Yeah, last time I checked you couldn't buy a new 5 speed with cruise.
    For the 2021 Mirage if you want a 5 speed you can have any color you want as long as it's grey.
    For $450 extra you can pick white. That's it. White or grey.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hi.
    After reading this i´m not sure if it possible with an 2021 Base Modell. In Germany the Cruise Control is not a default but i want to enable it.
    I have add the clutch Switch, the brake switch with 4 cables was already there. I enable the feature in etacs and add the Buttons in my steering-wheel (along with remote for audio) but it dont do anything. Is there anybody, that enable it in an new car?
    Thanks
    Greetings from Bavaria

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Here's been my experience with Rostra stalk unit on our 2017 G4 CVT and OEM cruise control on our 2021hatchback.

Rostra is harder on the engines and the CVT. If you live in flat Florida or Kansas, the Rostra is fine but if you live in an area with none stop rolling hills, the Rostra is terrible. It cannot engage with highway inclines very well. It violently kicks the rpms up to 5k for even the slightest amount of work. I can feel the whole engine bay shake when my CC is set on 75 mph and it's tackling a slight uphill gradient. I don't even use the Rostra anymore period. It was a waste of $500 to install.

OEM CC is fantastic. Yes it has to kick up hard on up hill gradients but it's much quieter and much less jarring. Also the OEM CC never takes the rpms past 4k and rarely past 3500.

Avoid Rostra, it's programming feels like it's assuming the engine has a lot more power than it does. Granted I have no idea how a Rostra felt on a 5speed Mirage. Steve RunDMC or whatever his name was, said his Rostra worked good with his 5speed, but he lived in flat Louisiana, a state where much of it is near sea-level.

$150 for Rostra plus another $500 for installation at an audio place.

A Mitsu dealer will add it on I believe for $700 total. For once, I say go with the dealer.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Hi.

We have a lot hills in bavaria

Is there anybody that enabled the OEM Cruise Control in a new modell newer than 2020?

There is a lot of old information and in the german forum there is a lot of usless talk (sorry...)
    Greetings from Bavaria

Quote Originally Posted by werde45 View Post
    Hi.

Is there anybody that enabled the OEM Cruise Control in a new modell newer than 2020?

There is a lot of old information and in the german forum there is a lot of usless talk (sorry...)
    I don't if anyone has. I do believe there were cruise switches(from other Mitsu models) that looked similar but had different resistance or something was different about them that prevented them from working without modifying them.
    Are you sure you have the correct clockspring, some markets don't have the extra cruise wires in the steering column or clock spring. At least this is the case for the older models. If you already have the 4 wire brake switch I'd like to assume you have the other wiring already but you know what assuming makes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by werde45 View Post
    Hi.

Factory cruise control has been standard equipment for all Mirage models including the manuals since 2019 in the States. So no one from America will most likely be able to answer your question.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-08-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Oh that's too bad. Because of the resistors I have already made various measurements. The model to 2016 and to 2019 have differences. Have both tried. I had hoped that here in the forum would also be drivers from Europe. The forum in Germany is unfortunately not helpful. Only discussions on topics unrelated to the car.
    The steering wheel should go because the remote control to the radio has worked directly. And the dealer may not help either.
    Greetings from Bavaria

Base model Mirages in Canada still don't cruise control so their's still some hope. You can't even buy a 5 speed Mirage with cruise in Canada anymore. I assume if you have working radio controls then the clockspring would also have the cruise wires in there too.
    Are the cruise buttons from a 2021-2022 the same part number as a 2019?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I stopped by my dealer to ask if this can be done. They said they'd get back to me when they find out more info. If it had cruise, my 2022 ES 5sp would be perfect.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

werde45 (02-09-2022)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    you just need a oem cc switch and 10 pin clockspring and someone who know how to edit and activate it on your eng-ecu variant code i already have mine is 2017 cvt base model.