Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing New Fog lights and Activating them. A video tutorial.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do I really need to remove all plastic clips from the wheel well in order for me put the lamps on? I have the kit and do plan do this without removing my wheel. Don’t want to lift the car unless I have to

You might not have to remove every single clip but I wouldn't bother trying to install fog lights from above if that's what you're thinking of trying. It might work on the driver's side but won't on the passenger side. I'd at least remove the clips from the lower front and where the bumper meets the fender, that might give you enough room if you crank the wheel one way or another and bend the inner fender out of the way.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Do I really need to remove all plastic clips from the wheel well in order for me put the lamps on? I have the kit and do plan do this without removing my wheel. Don’t want to lift the car unless I have to
    You can mount them through the front, but it is a weaker way of doing it that will likely end up breaking the mounting tabs should you encounter road debris.

I think you are far better off when you buy new clips and do it the right way.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ret_Marine2003@Yahoo.com View Post
    You can mount them through the front, but it is a weaker way of doing it that will likely end up breaking the mounting tabs should you encounter road debris.

I think you are far better off when you buy new clips and do it the right way.
    Yeah I hear you and others. I don’t have a choice but to do it through the wheel well.

I want to get the installation right. Just wish I don’t have to remove the wheel but then I won’t have an easy access to mount the lamps especially without a lift. Now if I’m am to rent a lift, I might try? Idk yet.

The worst part about the clip is that it costs $5 each at the dealer if I need:lose one. Ridiculous!

Anyways IÂ’m gonna do it while the car is on ground first. It has been long overdue for me.

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hello Sir, May I ask the specification of relay you use? I want to try this DIY. thanks for sharing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AC LEE View Post
    Hello Sir, May I ask the specification of relay you use? I want to try this DIY. thanks for sharing.
    Hello AC LEE and welcome to the forum.

According to this post it might be more work for Filipino Mirages:

Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    your lucky since all unit there is already equipped with foglamp switch, here base model with no foglamp also not equipped with switch.
    It's post #3 on page 1 of this thread. Click on the blue box with the arrows to go directly to the post.

Last edited by Eggman; 09-09-2023 at 12:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)