Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am here to over analyze.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I am here to over analyze.

I am going to get a mirage.... if the prices ever stop skyrocketing. I am a member of ecomodder and ecorenovator and geo metro, so I thought I might as well join here as well.

I have been looking for a metro for a while, but the prices here is AZ are nuts. I finally have some things taken care of in my home and have some savings and was going to start really looking hard for a metro. They are aging out though and the prices are still high here. I remember a few years back that some kind of Mitsubishi was getting great MPG also. I went back to ecomodder and there it was on the front page, the mirage. Since then I have been reading and watching and analyzing. If I could get a new one for 10kish like many others have (pre 2019 it seems) I would buy today.

Does Doax have any other forums LOL!

Anyway.... here I am.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna beco View Post
    ...If I could get a new one for 10kish like many others have (pre 2019 it seems) I would buy today.
    A few months ago you could buy a 2021 base-model 5-speed Mirage for $11,000. That number is about $2500 higher today. See this post.

Hopefully the car market (and gas prices) will stabilize and Mirage prices will fall back into place. If you don't need to buy today, then just stay on the sidelines and keep shopping.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-03-2021)

If you're looking to over analyze anything you've come to the right place.

It seems prices for almost everything have gone full retard over the last year. Hopefully when the china flu is over things will come back down?

The Mirage is a good choice if you're looking for an easy to maintain, reliable, cheap to drive car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you don't need to buy today, then just stay on the sidelines and keep shopping.
    Yeh.... been looking at that... that is crazy?!?!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    It's not the only car that has increased. I like the body style and lines of the 2005 - 2007 (or 2008?) Infiniti G35 Coupe (6-speed REV motors). And already own 2 running and 1 crashed. These were procurable in decent shape for ~$7,000 over the last 3 years. At this point, they go for $2k to $5k more than that. And I may need one more (for my 3rd son). But I have at least another year before I would procure one, hopefully they will come back down to reality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you're looking to over analyze anything you've come to the right place.
    Boy, ain't that the truth. How about another thread on what the perfect oil/filter combination is for the Mirage which will result in ZERO engine wear over a million miles?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-03-2021),wanna beco (06-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,424 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Boy, ain't that the truth. How about another thread on what the perfect oil/filter combination is for the Mirage which will result in ZERO engine wear over a million miles?
    Zero engine wear? That's no good! I want the PERFECT amount of wear so that my drivetrain drag is approaching 0. (Propagating the insanity...)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I have been looking for a metro for a while, but the prices here is AZ are nuts.
    I'll sell you my Mirage AND my 2000 Metro for less than you'll pay in the States. Come get 'em!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-03-2021),wanna beco (06-03-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'll sell you my Mirage AND my 2000 Metro for less than you'll pay in the States. Come get 'em!
    LOL, I am sure of it! That $800 one you got from friends is an unheard-of deal here.

LOL, I am sure of it! That $800 one you got from friends is an unheard-of deal here.
    Literally unheard of here too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

wanna beco (06-03-2021)