Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Random odd or cheap for sale...

I found one for 7milesout. 01 dodge 2500 6 speed with a p-pump conversion...$50,000 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...8922?undefined

Very well put together...Attachment 21338
    if this turd is worth 50k then yours must be closer to 100k. Good for a laugh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I found one for 7milesout. 01 dodge 2500 6 speed with a p-pump conversion...$50,000 https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...8922?undefined

Very well put together...
    if this turd is worth 50k then yours must be closer to 100k. Good for a laugh.
    I am an extreme outsider when it comes to the world of trucks, but where on Earth does the 'asking $50K' come from? That seems so insane. What would even cause this person to consider that this 20-year-old vehicle is anywhere near that price range?

I can't imagine anyone spending any serious amount of money on a pickup truck and then actually using it for rough and ready 'truck stuff'.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    I am an extreme outsider when it comes to the world of trucks, but where on Earth does the 'asking $50K' come from?
    20 year old truck (Dodge no less) with 312,000 km (almost 200,000 miles) for $50,000.

This is a guy, who was told by his wife that he had to put his truck up for sale, but he really doesn't want to sell it!

Only scenario I can think of .....
    Last edited by Mark; 06-12-2021 at 01:46 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-11-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  project car.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  73.3 KB

'63 Plymouth Valiant signet 6 cylinder. Canadian car..

doesn't look like this Plymouth's seen any winter. Love that the hood holds up like that. I'm actually debating about buying this one. Does need a new top, and rear window, as well as 299 other parts. Car is very Dr. Dre and Snoop music video-worthy. I got the engine going but ended up flooding it. Supposedly was drivable, stopped and started. I could barely get the drivers door open. Seats are from another car and not attached

Underneath the square support beam for the convertible going front to back seemed okay, the suspension etc the metal was all much better shape than others I've seen. Car wasn't driven in the winter much I don't think yet it's a Canadian only trim Plymouth Valiant I believe.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Name:  project car.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  73.3 KB

'63 Plymouth Valiant signet 6 cylinder. Canadian car..

doesn't look like this Plymouth's seen any winter. Love that the hood holds up like that. I'm actually debating about buying this one. Does need a new top, and rear window, as well as 299 other parts. Car is very Dr. Dre and Snoop music video-worthy. I got the engine going but ended up flooding it. Supposedly was drivable, stopped and started. I could barely get the drivers door open. Seats are from another car and not attached

Underneath the square support beam for the convertible going front to back seemed okay, the suspension etc the metal was all much better shape than others I've seen. Car wasn't driven in the winter much I don't think yet it's a Canadian only trim Plymouth Valiant I believe.
    I like looking at old cars, but I have zero desire to own one. Looks like a headache in the making to me. Not to be discouraging. If that's your thing, then I say go for it. I got rid of my motorcycle a couple years ago, because storage space was becoming one of the issues. It was in the way more than I was using it.

I just spent the past two days cleaning my two car garage. It's the most thorough cleaning, organizing I have done in a few years. There's still no way my Mirage is fitting in there, however. Forester, workbench, tool cart take up one side. My Kawasaki Mule (& I have the smallest one), two Honda ATVs & a log splitter, along with trash cans, and other odds & end that take up the other side. Ceiling has a small boat & bikes hanging from it.

I have a 12' x 17' storage shed, & that doesn't even help. Compact diesel tractor along with rear tiller & rear mower, riding lawnmower, two push mowers, walk behind tiller , all fill that up pretty good.

I know it may sound like a lot stuff, but most of it is quite old. I buy most things used/cheap & take care of them. My ATVs are 36 and 25 years old. I bought the 25 year one old last summer. To me, it's like buying a new machine. So we all have our thing, & my things take up space in my garage, too!!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-20-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have 2 garden sheds, and one small car port. No hydro in the carport, but I do have hydro in one of my 2 garden sheds. My sheds are not full, and they are not cluttered, but I need to work on my organization.

I have the room in my laneway for a project car. Or a big shop, but I won't spend the big bucks on my garage when my house needs a bunch of improvements, and my Mirage has always been an outdoor car.

I happened to run into an old friend yesterday who has had old Honda motorcycles in the past, he's giving me some tips but hey says the Valiant isn't worth that much. But I think you have a good point Mark.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    You know how to make a small fortune in classic cars? Start with a big fortune.

Classic cars are money pits. I’d be a lot richer if I didn’t blow so much money on cars. It's kinda sickening, really.

On the other hand it keeps one more car out of the junkyard. Just have loads of cash at the ready because those projects tend to cost way more than initially figured (to do the restoration properly that is.)
    Last edited by Eggman; 06-20-2021 at 06:27 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-20-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Valiant is in good shape in a lot of ways. My one friend said that you can just not use the roof at all. I think it's a manual roof and I think that would be the better option at this point.

Open season for the critters to move in, since I wouldn't get the roof fixed right away. My house is old too, and I have done so many upgrades, and there never ends where it can end with spending.

So it's partly a matter of watching your spending, I keep track of my spending. But this would have to be a labour of love or spending of love. Still cheaper than new.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-20-2021)

Looks like a great deal, I'd jump on it!
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-20-2021 at 02:55 PM. Reason: It's funnier this way.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The Valiant is in good shape in a lot of ways. My one friend said that you can just not use the roof at all. I think it's a manual roof and I think that would be the better option at this point.

Open season for the critters to move in, since I wouldn't get the roof fixed right away. My house is old too, and I have done so many upgrades, and there never ends where it can end with spending.

So it's partly a matter of watching your spending, I keep track of my spending. But this would have to be a labour of love or spending of love. Still cheaper than new.
    That Valiant looks like a real creampuff. If you ever do restore that baby I’d love to stop by and check it out. After all you’re just across The Lake.

Last edited by Eggman; 06-20-2021 at 06:26 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-20-2021)