Thread: Mirage golf cart

cvt connoisseur, of sorts OrganicFoxes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mirage golf cart

Look guys my car is now a golf cart. Real note my car is getting body work done after a car wash incident and they let me see how its going. If you ever wanted to see a Mirage with no doors then here you go. Honestly would be fun to take off the doors in the summer and drive around like that. Fummins went overlanding and did a river crossing, this thing is basically a jeep, of sorts. All we need is the rubber ducks on the dashboard and we are set.

Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OrganicFoxes For This Useful Post:

Grumpy Bear (12-30-2023)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Car wash incident?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Car wash incident?
    Yeah I went thru this carwash and an employee forgot to put into this computer that I had roof racks and it just ripped it right off the car, damaging the door frames and adding some dents in the top of the car as well as some marks on the doors. For some reason the employee realized what he did and didn't stop the machine, he just stared at the car with horror on this face. Maybe he was just in shock I am not sure. Was wonder why he was looking at me like that when the car was going in. Employee got fired which I am not sure was deserved or not, after something like that I am pretty sure you would learn not to do that again. Car wash payed for the repairs as well as a rental car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 47.9 mpg (US) ... 20.4 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Damn that is messed up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Sorry to hear this. Good thing the car wash is taking care of you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sorry to hear this. Good thing the car wash is taking care of you.
    For real, every place I went for a repair quote they were hesitant to do it and some refused to give me a quote because apparently car wash incidents are pretty common and many car washes refuse to pay for damages. Luckily the place I went to was brand new and also being their first chain location in this state and I guess they did not want to hurt their reputation already. Maybe they were just honest and willing to make it right with me but either way I am glad they did.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OrganicFoxes View Post
    Look guys my car is now a golf cart.
    OF - Fo' Real ... I've been wanting to do this with my Blue Truck. It is a Quad Cab Dodge Ram. There is no pillar between the doors. The seat belts are attached to the seats (front), so this would still work out.

So if I took the doors off, it would be very Jeepish. I think it would be WAY cool. But I hear cops will give a ticket for doing it. However, when I notice Wranglers with no doors, some have outside mirrors (body attached), and some do not (door attached). And the ones with no outside mirrors drive right by the poeleece no problem. However if I did this with my Ram (door attached mirrors, so no mirrors if I took the doors off), I'm betting I would be ticketed. I would be in no more danger than Wrangler drivers (probably less).

I once drove (in 1995) across Chattanooga and back, in a 5-speed, I-6, Wrangler, no doors, only a bikini top. It was the most glorious drive I ever took. Perfect weather, perfect Wrangler. I'll never forget it.

Of course if I did this, I'd have to shoe-horn my Ram into the garage, and never drive it in inclement weather. Which would be fine by me if I had the garage space. And I'd have to defeat the door open switches. Seriously, I've thought about this. In the below truck (bed cap is removed and sold).

Name:  BedCap.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  95.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

OrganicFoxes (01-13-2024)

I once got pulled over for driving my 86 Bronco around with the rear roof removed. I had passengers in the back. The cop didn't know what a Bronco was and thought I just stuck a back seat in the back of a pickup. After she relized she pulled me over for absolutely no good reason she tried to get us to go back where we came from claiming it was gonna rain...

Around the same time, a kid in town turned his early 80's civic into a roadster. Chopped the roof off with a sawzall, kept the b pillars but there was zero structure. When you sat in the car it bent and the doors wouldn't close so you had to close them and then climb over them. It was a death trap and we bought it for $40 and drove it out to an abandoned gravel pit near town and drove it til it quit moving.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    So if I took the doors off, it would be very Jeepish. I think it would be WAY cool. But I hear cops will give a ticket for doing it. However, when I notice Wranglers with no doors, some have outside mirrors (body attached), and some do not (door attached). And the ones with no outside mirrors drive right by the poeleece no problem. However if I did this with my Ram (door attached mirrors, so no mirrors if I took the doors off), I'm betting I would be ticketed.
    Once a year Butler Pennsylvania hosts the Bantam Jeep Festival. It's one good way to overdose on Jeep. Festivities include a parade of Jeeps through town. Lots of Jeep owners want to take their doors off but the local police & state troopers enforce keeping them on.

Except if the vehicle was originally sold without doors. The CJ series were the last models that could be purchased without doors, so they get a pass.

I would be in no more danger than Wrangler drivers (probably less).
    Your Ram is leaps & bounds safer even without doors. A short wheelbase, narrow track & high center of gravity is a recipe for disaster.

I sometimes remind passengers & parents of my kid's friends before they get in for a ride that my Jeep doesn't exactly meet today's safety standards. There's no backup camera, no forward collision detection, no antilock brakes, no airbags, no doors, and no roof. The roll bar isn't called a roll bar by the manufacturer, it was called a Sport Bar and was bolted to the body, not the frame. The mounting is notorious for trapping moisture & rusting away. I think my 1980 was the last year for lap belts only. CJs made later came with shoulder belts anchored to the Sport Bar. There's no power brakes either.

It does have power steering though. I added that back in 1994 when I needed to get it to pass emissions inspections. The smog pump that I got from a junkyard DJ came with the power steering setup. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

I once drove (in 1995) across Chattanooga and back, in a 5-speed, I-6, Wrangler, no doors, only a bikini top. It was the most glorious drive I ever took. Perfect weather, perfect Wrangler. I'll never forget it.
    This is why I have kept my CJ-7 for over 35 years. Every time I drive it. There's nothing like it.

I sold my motorcycle years ago because I was afraid I was going to die riding it. I have enough risk driving the Jeep.

Stupid Jeep...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post: